One Day. 3 Brews. And...the Inaugural pint from my Kegerator!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Holy sh*t. What a day. Up at 7. Made breakfast for me and the wife, mashed in by 8:30 or 9. iamjonsharp showed up around noon or 1...he was a great help! Started with a pilsner, then an imperial chocolate-coffee stout, then a decocted hefeweizen. Whew. All pitched and cleaned up by 5 or so. A full time job, this is. I overshot my vols a little bit, but ended up with the OG's I was looking for, so all is well. Just really good efficiency.

Hefe's on the right, stout's on the left. I added 8 oz. of unsweetened baker's chocolate to the boil, and the stuff is thick as hell. Like melted chocolate. Oh yeah. The boil took like 3 hours, though...high og. The hefe got hit with Wyeast Weihenstephaner, which is just the best hefe yeast ever.

swis.jpg

The pils was actually the first of the day. I had it in carboy before noon. Very simple---pils, carapils, honey malt. Yum.

pils.jpg

And then...I offgassed the kegs from 35psi a few times, pulled it back up to 10psi or so, and pulled my first pint. HOLY SH*T. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. It looks great, it tastes great, I could not be happier. WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

firstglasses.jpg

firstplint.jpg

You are a right bastard and I hate you!

Erm, I mean you're lucky! Glad to hear the keg is working right on the first try.

Very nice! Gotta love it when a plan comes together. All that time and money and now you have what you were shooting for.

Three batches in one day? By the time I'm done one, I'm ready to call it a night. Oh, to be under 30 again.....

EvilTOJ said:
You are a right bastard and I hate you!

Erm, I mean you're lucky! Glad to hear the keg is working right on the first try.
Yeah, what he said!

orfy said:
Congrats on the 3 brew day.
One of only a handful to do it that I'm aware of.

Welcome to the club. :mug:

Thanks. It was pretty chaotic, but you know, you do this enough and it's controlled chaos. imajonsharp was a big help, too...I was staging brews one after another to maximize time efficiency---one would be mashing while the prior's boiling. So having him there to help clean stuff and watch the boil and stir the decoction and just generally keep another set of eyes on things was great. Plus the company. And he even stayed around to have one of the first pints from the kegerator.

BTW, orfy, I love your HobGob recipe...that tap on the right is it.

Nice man! I love my Sanyo and the ability to pull homemade pints. Can you PM the recipe and procedure for you hefeweizen? I've never decocted and I want to start doing it for my weizens. Cheers :mug:

Yeah, as always, it was alot of fun...making lots of beer, drinkin lots of beer...tappin the kegerator for the first time....plus, Evan finally got his mail delivered to his house...
:mug:

Back