B-hoppy B-famous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GVH_Dan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
B-hoppy and his hop candy made the HuffingtonPost.

Cooking with Hops: The Bitter Truth

Most of the article is crap, but just at the end of the article, it gets good...

And if you want to bring some of your newfound hop-hop-hoppiness with you everywhere you go, consider B-Hoppy, hard candies made with Cascade hops. Maker Bob Bero is an Ohio homebrewer who told me:

"After a failed attempt at making hop-scented soap with some extract that I had obtained from some folks up in Yakima [Washington], I didn't want to waste what was left in the container and it was sitting on the kitchen counter during my Christmas present making period. While making hard candy for the family, I kept looking at the container between batches and finally it became candy." Sweet!

Thanks for noticing Dan. I'm kind of puzzled why she didn't include the pictures I sent her of me working topless in my little hopyard last Summer? When you don't have a website you have to be creative as to how you get your name out. Still haven't heard if Jerry made it into the Hall of Fame yet. Vote early and often!

Sweet, ive had some and actually enjoyed them, a buddie at work who cant stand hoppy beers kept askin when i was goin get more.

chuckstout, thanks for the help! I know they're not for everyone but I'm managing to stay pretty busy and appreciate the support.

I know Bob doesn't have a vendor account...and I gain nothing by saying this, so...did you know you can purchase them from Northern Brewer? Or you can visit me in Madison and pick them up at our LHBS.

FrugalEndeavorsFarm, thanks for trying and really glad you liked. Dan, sorry, I really can't pay commission at this stage of the game but promise to take you for a ride once I get once I save up enough for the corporate hot air balloon, B-Hoppy II.

B-Hoppy said:
FrugalEndeavorsFarm, thanks for trying and really glad you liked. Dan, sorry, I really can't pay commission at this stage of the game but promise to take you for a ride once I get once I save up enough for the corporate hot air balloon, B-Hoppy II.

Nice meeting you B-hoppy at yesterdays hop conference. Tried some of the candy. I thought it was pretty awesome!! Where are you located? Didnt realize you were that close

Dan

Really glad you liked it Dan. Location depends on whether I was coming or going as it took 4 hrs to get home but only 3.5 to get there (all down hill) haha! Tom was talking about possibly carrying the candy at his farm/brewery once he officially opens and Mr. Sisson had a bunch to take back to Baltimore with him. Do you know if Heavy Seas has a gift shop? Hopefully, if the interest continues, I'll be able to offer balloon rides for everyone some day. Hop On!

Back