Favorite IPA Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbey

Reaction score
Anybody have a favorite IPA recipe (extract)....extra hopp on the nose?

Thanks!

Alan

For a really super IPA recipe try PM'ing Sam75. He might have the basics (he doesn't keep very good notes :p ) of the recipe available for you. That one was a winner.
It might be on a thread somewhere but in a quick look I didn't see it.

I enjoyed this one:

7 lb Light DME
.5 lb crystal malt 20l (steep)
.5 lb crystal 40l (steep)
.5 lb victory malt (steep)
1.5 oz Centennial (bitter)
1.0 oz Cascade (Flavor)
1.0 oz Cascade (Aroma-Dry Hop)

Steep 30 minutes @ 155 the grain (5g if you can fit it else 3g)
Boil 60
Bittering - 60 minutes
Flavor - 15
Add Aroma Hops after you transfer to your secondary (if not using one, have no idea how you dry hop)

ORRELSE said:
For a really super IPA recipe try PM'ing Sam75. He might have the basics (he doesn't keep very good notes :p ) of the recipe available for you. That one was a winner.
It might be on a thread somewhere but in a quick look I didn't see it.

It's in this thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=605&highlight=American

I don't remember exactly what I steeped now, but besides that, it's the exact recipe that's in my second post. Personally I might steep the grains desertbrew recommends...it'd probably be a little maltier than mine, which would be good.

Also note I used the British Ale yeast. After it aged a little, I was very pleased with the results and would probably use it again.

BTW I just drank the last bottle of it last weekend. :( I'm gonna do my first AG batch very soon....something simple. My second will be this same basic recipe, with apricot. :D

Sam75 said:
It's in this thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=605&highlight=American

I don't remember exactly what I steeped now, but besides that, it's the exact recipe that's in my second post. Personally I might steep the grains desertbrew recommends...it'd probably be a little maltier than mine, which would be good.

Also note I used the British Ale yeast. After it aged a little, I was very pleased with the results and would probably use it again.

BTW I just drank the last bottle of it last weekend. :( I'm gonna do my first AG batch very soon....something simple. My second will be this same basic recipe, with apricot. :D
Sam, did you bring that to the NHBC ? I heard you brought a kick butt brew, but I didn't get a chance to taste whatever it was!! :(

Yeah, but Chuck was the only one who got to try any. I brought some down to the "after party" following club night. The "hula" thing. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you were there or not, because I haven't figured out exactly who you are yet. :D

OK, now that I got that straightened out.....I don't recall whether or not you were at the after party, and had the opportunity to try my brew.

If so, my apologies. If not, you missed out.

You f****r. :D :cool:

F****r? :confused: WTF did I do? :mad: I should call you the f****r for not sharing that beer with me!! :D

Back