My Cali haul/Stone tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
In the last week I've experienced too many cool beer things for their own thread so they'll all be shoved in here.

My fiance and I just got back from spring break, we went out to LA and San Diego. While there we toured Stone (AWESOME!!) and hit up a Bev'Mo (freakin Sweet!) I sampled a bunch of amazing beers and have ~10 22ozers being shipped back to me right now.

I'll post pics of my Cali Haul and the Stone tour either tonight or tomorrow (stupid work...)

Oh, and to top it all off I set up an interview for Saturday for a job at a brewpub thats being opend! This is me ----> :ban:

I can't wait to get to the Stone Brewery, and I heard the Bev'Mo's are awesome!

Good to hear you had a fun trip.

The Stone Brewery is amazing. So nice to sit on their back patio with the awesome SD weather and enjoy some great brews. I can't wait to get back there again this year.

Congrats! I'm gonna have to visit Stone in May when I head out to move my daughter out of the dorm.

Ugh sorry guys there's going to be a bit of a delay on the pics. We're having some comp problems at home.

Yeah the gardens were awesome. I wish we had eaten at the bistro but we got the cask of the day (it was wednesday) which was their IPA with simcoe and amarillo hops. It was fantastic. Especially because we had just driven a bunch and just been in the go, go, go mindset. To all of a sudden sit in a nice garden with an amazing beer was totally worth it.

I might not remember them all but...

2 Stone Smoked Porter
1 Stone 2008 Old Guardian
1 Stone RIS
1 Rauchbier
1 Dopplebock
1 Russian River Damnation
1 He'Brew Rye IPA
and a sixer of Alaskan Brewing Co. Amber (only have 1 left!)

1 SNPA pint glass
1 Stone Smoked Porter pint glass
1 Bev'Mo pint glass

I think thats it...I'll post the pics when I can. I spent like two hours in Bev'Mo just oggleing all the goods. I made sure to only get stuff that I won't ever see in Texas....especially Corpus Christi. I forgot the names of the Rauchbier and the Dopplebock but I'll post them later

EdWort said:
Congrats! I'm gonna have to visit Stone in May when I head out to move my daughter out of the dorm.

Stone and BevMo are probably my most favorite places out here. Ed, I urge you to check out Lost Abbey Brewery in Escondido (right near Stone) and Pizza Port in Carlsbad, Solana Beach, etc. Great pizza, but a huge selection of beers brewed right behind the bar, where you can see it all go down thru the glass. Their Wipeout IPA is possibly one of the cleanest, crispest, IPA's around and has won LOTS of gold medals.

That's awesome, can't wait to see some pics! I've got to make my way out to San Diego one of these days. I'm not even that far.

Here's a tease until I can get the rest up tomorrow.

HPIM0895.jpg

HPIM0900.jpg

Ok, here's the beers and glasses that should be arriving today

HPIM0905.jpg

And here's me enjoying the Stone gardens and their Handpump Humpday IPA (I didn't know this pic was being taken but still pretty cool...)

HPIM0893.jpg

Ok now here's just a bunch of pics...

HPIM0901.jpg

HPIM0898.jpg

Yeah I wish we had taken more pics in there but it was freakin COLD!! They have an 8000sq foot refridgerator that they keep thier beer in plus a bunch of others. They help distribute for lots and lots of other breweries. His rational was that sales of micro beer is something like 4% of the nations beer sales so why not try and help everyone out...

Woohoo! UPS just dropped my package off! All my beer is safe and at home...

I can't WAIT to get into it!

Thanks for posting the pics, guy. It's been way too long since I've been into a brewery! Got me a hankerin' to git into one again real soon!

Back