Second batch of beer ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowtires

Reaction score
Just finished brewing my second 5 gal batch of beer. The first batch was a half boil slow cool down and problems with the siphon hose. It ended at 1.015 and tastes too sweet. Still drinkable tho.
This batch went flawlessly, I bought a turkey fryer and installed a tap on my
Primary fermenter. I also bought a big funnel. A colinder and built a wort chiller. Recipe was from the homebrew place. 1.5 litres of glucose and 1.5 litres of pale liquid extract. Halluteur hops and saaz dry hop. This is supposed to be a grolsh clone. Yaya there's a fair bit of sugar. Anyhow, wish me luck, everything went off without a hitch. I already have a mash tin built for my first AG batch (next batch) and just found a fresh hop supplier, (grows fields of hops just down the road).
By the way I'm Noah and I'm for. Kelowna box Canada and I'm brand new at this. Other then a few mr beer batches. Mr beer started this all for me so thanks mr beer. And so long.

Fresh hops are different than regular hops. Make sure you check out the ratios to use so you don't mess up future brews if the ones he supplies aren't dried pellet or leaf.

Latest posts

Back