MillerCoors to make high ABV beer to compete with liquor drinking youth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisbeer

Reaction score
Just read through this article. It is called Miller Fortune and comes in at a whopping 6.9%. It is also recommended to pour into a whiskey glass instead of a pint glass.
Article

I actually need it today at Meijers and was really surprised, they call it a 6.9% Golden Lager. Im slightly curious.

I've seen Fortune at the local gas stations. I'm somewhat morbidly curious, but really don't want to buy a sixer, especially since they're twist-offs...I can't re-use those! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

y'all are walking a razor's edge here. talking about any sort of BMC will get you a "Beer Snob" name tag!:rolleyes:
"Excuse me sir but I have some troubling news, I believe your diabetic race horse has died of dehydration."

My father has been a Miller Coors distributor for 33 years and recently quit, we were going golfing and he saw it in the gas station and bought it, so of coarse we drank it and no surprise it tastes like an MGD, nothing special! But if you want to get drunk off of yellow fizzy beer faster than normal, than this is your beer!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

These high abv gas station beers frustrate me. That's the best word to describe it. Frustrate. I find myself staring them down and asking "what are you playing at?" I have yet to try one though.

My sister has it at her bar and the bottles are pry off.Shes ordering another case so I get all the bottles.:)

So it tastes like platinum?

So it tastes like platinum?

Yes. No, not like the Budweiser beer - like licking a bar of the metal. :p

(CAVEAT: I haven't actually tasted this beer. I have no intentions of ever doing so. I won't acknowledge the existence of this beer ever again, in fact. Just reading about it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Yuck.)

Grocery store had a tasting table up the other day with this stuff.

It tastes EXACTLY like Miller Lite but with a higher alcohol burn, (shocking, I know) which is to say, gross. (and that's not some beer snob comment,I like Budweiser but I've always hated Miller Lite)

My sister has it at her bar and the bottles are pry off.Shes ordering another case so I get all the bottles.:)

This is some weird Jersey thing. I remember if we ran out of beer and the liquor stores were closed we would buy cases from a bar and they would be pry top, while liquor store bought were twist.

Grocery store had a tasting table up the other day with this stuff.

It tastes EXACTLY like Miller Lite but with a higher alcohol burn, (shocking, I know) which is to say, gross. (and that's not some beer snob comment,I like Budweiser but I've always hated Miller Lite)

Love the tasting at the grocery store. Something that would never be legal in Maryland....love it. :mug:

6.9% beer.

Yeah, there's is NO WAY that the ABV was arrived at by chance.

Young drinkers + cheap beer + 6.9 = money.

Honestly, I think their marketing people just might be geniuses.

Come to Texas. You can taste wine in grocery stores and even have liquor tastings in liquor stores. But you will never taste beer before you buy.

They gave us sample bottles at my bar before it came out. Like other posters have said its miller lite with table sugar poured on top.

For what it's worth I find the label very sleek and aesthetically pleasing.

Back