My first labels!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silviakitty

Reaction score
I used the site referenced in the sticky, and they came out beautifully. I took these pics with a cameraphone as soon as I got out of Kinko's, so forgive me if they're not the best quality.

1203961795.jpg

1203961696.jpg

Making these has taught me a couple of things. It doesn't take much to make a plain brown bottle look _really_ good to a newbie homebrewer. :mug: On the other side, making labels (not the design part. Using the website made it supereasy; I mean the printing and cutting and gluing part) is a pain in the butt and I'll probably save it for beers I'm going to give away instead of making enough for the entire batch. ;)

Figured I'd share 'em, though, since they're my first. *salutes*

It has been said one million times but I am a huge proponent, just use milk instead of glue. Once you get the method down (use a towel to dab them clean and avoid smudging) they look great. Only downside is that they wont stay on is a cooler full of ice. (they will fare just fine in the fridge)
-ander

I'll try the milk for glue thing; I have a feeling it'll be easier. The glue stick worked, but I haven't yet tried to get one of the labels off a bottle yet... ;)

and yeah, couldn't wait to take the pics. :) I was kinda pleased with how well they turned out.

In the future, I may actually design a more personalized label, but I have to dive into GIMP and learn it a lot better first.

Back