Any reason this won't work (Keezer under bar)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairbanksBrewinNoob

Reaction score
So we've decided that because we want more beers on tap (who doesn't?) and because BrewinGirl needs a lagering chamber, we are going to replace the kegerator under our bar (see this thread) with a keezer.

What I would like to do is take out the fridge, and put the keezer under the bar. I would build a collar on the keezer, and the run the beer lines out the back of the beast up to the towers on the bar top (we currently have two taps, but are going to add a second tower with three more taps). Since opening the keezer under the bar will be next two impossible, i was thinking of mounting it on rails or casters so i could slide it out for easy loading. The other possibilty is to build a fold up bar top mounted to the keezer, although then i will have a 42 inch lift height for the kegs, which seems a little steep.

The old kegerator will be moved to the brew cabinet where it will become the new lagering chamber.

Off the top of my head, i dont see any reason why this wont work. Im a little concerned that I might end up with beer lines that are too long, but im not really sure if that is something i need to be concerned about (any comments?)Beer line cooling will be accomplished with a aquairium pump recirculating water from a resevoir in the keezer.

So whaddya think? Comments, advice?

BTW, posting this at an internet cafe while its on my mind, but all the details are at some so i might have left something out... If you need more info about anything in my set up let me know :)

I'm doing the same thing. What I've decided to go with it this. Freezer is only a small rolling frame a built so I can slide it front and back. But I'm kind of changing my thinking. Instead of the freezer going under my bar, I'm building up the lid so the freezer top will be my bar top (in cognito of course). This might not work if you have a pre-existing bar already. Just make sure you put some sort of ventilation and allow adequate space around the 3 closed in sides of the freezer. I was thinking of some kind of quick disconnect on the beer lines between where they came out the top of the freezer and went up to the tower so you could disconnect that when needing to slide the freezer out to load.unload kegs.

I have seen several pictures where the bar top was cut and attached to the keggerator. You could open the keggerator (bar top) and access the inside. I would think you would need alot of room to have in roll in and out.
I am planning on building a new house next year and plan on building my bar this way for easy access.

I was gonna do a keezer rollout on rails (super heavy duty drawer glides) but decided to go a different route instead. anyway, here's an inspiration pic for ya (it's not mine, but if you click on the pic, it'll take you to the original page where I found it from)

I ewas thinking of the quick connects on the beer line as well. Does anyone know a good place to purchase the parts on line?

I was gonna do a keezer rollout on rails (super heavy duty drawer glides) but decided to go a different route instead. anyway, here's an inspiration pic for ya (it's not mine, but if you click on the pic, it'll take you to the original page where I found it from)

Nothing like having a setup where the baby can reach over and grab some breast milk on tap! :)

I want to do an l shape bar with a removable panel to slide the keezer in and out. the taps would be on a cooled box that was attached to the bar top. I was thinking of quick disconnect type things for attaching the beer lines to the taps after it was slid in. I don't know if it would work. any help would be great.

Latest posts

Back