Propane burners for single tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsabrewdaddy

Reaction score
I am working on building a single tier setup and would like some feedback on which burners to use. I was thinking about using 3 BG-14 HIGH PRESSURE CAST IRON BURNER's from Agrisupply.com for 30 bucks each.
BG-14 HIGH PRESSURE CAST IRON BURNER - Agri Supply

Then I noticed the CB135 for 8 bucks each and these have more BTU's
Cast Iron High Pressure Burner CB135 - Agri Supply

The BG-14 looks like it would be easier to mount but for less than one of these I could get all three burners. Please let me know what you think and if the CB135 is the way to go I could use some ideas for how to mount it to the stand, I'm using the weldless brewstand thread to build the stand.

Cheers!

The BG-14 is extremely quiet, has a large heating area and is fairly efficient where as the CB135 sounds like a rocket taking off and uses fuel the same way.
MoreBeer uses CB135 on their stands.
Currently, Agri Supply is out of the BG-14. I recommend the 6" burner they are more than adequate and they are easy to mount with a single bolt on the bottom.

I'm extremely happy with my hurricane burner, which I believe is the bg14. So damn quiet.

OneHoppyGuy said:
The BG-14 is extremely quiet, has a large heating area and is fairly efficient where as the CB135 sounds like a rocket taking off and uses fuel the same way.
MoreBeer uses CB135 on their stands.
Currently, Agri Supply is out of the BG-14. I recommend the 6" burner they are more than adequate and they are easy to mount with a single bolt on the bottom.

Thanks, went with the 6".

Back