How long for Roselare in Primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
Just did my first Flanders Red and I'm wondering what people's experience has been with Roselare in primary. How long did you wait to rack it over to a secondary for long aging? It's only been 3 weeks and fermentation slowed just about a week ago.

I'm in no rush but I've read a few different theories and I'm wanting to hear a few more. I also pitched the dregs from a Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere and I'm considering pitching Consecration dregs in the secondary.

How long before you would move this over?

I do 110 days in plastic and transfer to kegs after that to avoid getting too much O2. I then re-use the cake for a second batch since it sours a lot more on the second pitch. Recipe is in my dropdown.

Adding consecration dregs is a good idea. I have added the dregs of several sours to mine for a more complex profile.

I've got a batch sitting on roselare and consecration, temptation, and supplication dregs. Its about 7 months old. I plan to leave it on the cake for the duration.

Latest posts

Back