First Homebrew Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheBrew

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just popped open my first home brew to see if it was carbonated, and not only is it carbonated, but I HAVE MADE BEER! None of my friends really understand how proud and excited I am, so I felt like I had to share. My friends are excited that I am not a good resource for good beer, and not the crap that college kids usually drink.

Also wanted to thank everyone who put up with my asinine beginner questions.

Also, what was your first success?

Mine is a clone of McEwan's IPA :)

Congratulations on your first brew and welcome to the addiction! My first success was a Belgian Wit. My favorite so success was a citrus wheat that I invented.

Congrats on your first brew :ban:

Still learning myself but i think my favorite so far has been AHS Fat Tire clone. I love Fat Tire, it takes me back and AHS makes a great clone.

Awesome! I brewed 14 years ago and then took some time off. Now I have two all grain batches under my belt and I'm still really excited when I open one of my beers.

My first beer was an extract Irish Red, I think. First AG was Biermuncher's Centenniel Blonde Ale. That will be an easy one if/when you make the jump to AG.

We understand, that's why we are all here.

Can't remember what I made for the first good batch, but the BrewS(u)ck that I started with was barely fit for the compost heap.

congrats on your success! What are you planning to make next?

my first success was an oatmeal stout that was awesome and i have it in mind to make more very soon.

Congrats on a successful first brew! I completed my first batch not too long ago and while it's drinkable, it's not exactly something that I wanted to run out and share with friends if you know what I mean. My second batch is fermenting now.

Welcome to the addiction.

Grats on the success and welcome to the fun!

My 1st success was a modded recipe, an Irish Red.

My friends don't really understand good beer either. They always make fun of me tasting 3 or 4 before picking one when we go to the bar down the street (50+ taps). My first (and so far only) brew was an extract double IPA kit, which came out awesomely.

Glad to hear you succeeded too.

Back