Glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerN

Reaction score
What do you fella's drink your homebrew from?
Are you like me and drink your beer of a certain style from the "correct" glass? ie Homemade stout from a Guinness glass. Or do you have a favourite glass or tankard.
I know of two people who worked at a Brewery who only drank from 1/2 pint glasses because it improved the flavour.
Perhaps you just open the tap and put your head under :D

Roger.

Big ones :)
I have a load of different glasses and whatever's clean and handy usually wins out. I like my Duvel "goblets" though, and usually try grab them if I'm drinking a Belgian, and my erdinger glasses are nice too! Have a load of Hoegaarden glasses as well but they're more sort of general purpose ones at the moment. My Kwak glass is usually just on show though, too afraid of breaking it!

Call me a snob, but I drink out of the glass made for the beer.

Yes, I do have Guiness glasses that I purchased when I was in Dublin as well as a dozen or so 1 L mugs (Mass)(I have 1 liter mugs from each of the 6 beer tents from the Oktoberfest in Munich - been to the O'fest 12+ times), 100+ Weizen glasses and another 100+ glass and ceramic beer mugs from Germany. :D

Then there's my glasses from Spain...and Greece...and Turkey and...Czech Republic, and...

homebrewer_99 said:
Call me a snob, but I drink out of the glass made for the beer.

Thank you, I wondered if I was the only one :eek:

I am really fond of my pint glasses. I don't use anything else if I can help it. I would like to get some of those 20.oz pint glasses (Guinness style) though.

I too am fond of my pints. I have been collecting them for about the last year or so. Usually if you ask nice, (and tip well) the bartender will let you leave with one. There's nothing like the look of a well poured brew in a pint glass as far as I'm concerned.

umm....uhhh...ehem...

All I have are 15 oz beer mugs at the moment. I do want to start grabbing different glasses for different styles of beer someday.

But 1st...to build the kegerator, and continue building on my starter kit with wort chillers, carboys, and the lot....

Does that make me a bad person? :confused:

I guess I'm some sort of Cretin. I have a glass that holds 20+ oz. That I use all the time. It has the Statue of Liberty cast into one side. Also have a couple of pilsner glasses, but they just don't drink the same. One of those big "yard" glasses might be cool.

i just bought six 22 oz pilsner glasses on the cheap... ten bucks at meijer here in the fort. i like those cause i bottle mostly in 22 oz bottles. i have two guinness glasses that i drink anything out of, cause the glass is easy to hold, and an assortment of frosty mugs and smaller size 'coke' shaped glasses...

nothing beats the 32 oz foam sluurpy cup though ;) <---joke

The only "beer" glasses I own are Guinness pints, and a Chimay "goblet", or whatever. I find they suit my needs just fine, although I would like to broaden my collection some.

The wife bought me a set of 16 oz mugs a couple months ago. They live in the freezer and come out when I want a cold home brew, which is every night. :D

sudsmonkey said:
I guess I'm some sort of Cretin. I have a glass that holds 20+ oz. That I use all the time. It has the Statue of Liberty cast into one side. Also have a couple of pilsner glasses, but they just don't drink the same. One of those big "yard" glasses might be cool.

Statue of Liberty.
Damn right.
Freedom is a weapon.

I have a HUGE collection of pint glasses. I keep most of them in storage until I build my ull fledged bar, but I've been collecting glasses for about 15 years. My favorites right now are the Bare Knuckle Stout glasses I got off ebay. They aren't really the classic pint glasses, but they rock as far as looks go.

I'm not anal about what I drink my beer out of. Most of the time I grab a pint glass but sometimes I drink out of a glass "chalice" that I got off e-bay or other glasses that I have no idea what the official name is, but they are cool.

Latest posts

Back