Bass Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedragoon85

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a 6 pack of Bass Pale Ale since I have never had a taste of it. I have been wanting to have a taste of a good EPA and this seems to be a good example (or is it not?), and I have also been wanting to have a taste of the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale since it seems to be a prime example of a good APA. So, here's the question. What is the difference between these two Bass Ales ---> ( BASS1, BASS2 ) in terms of style and flavor? they both say they are Pale Ale and I have seen both of them together. Thanks

The APA will be much more hoppy and have a distinctive (fantastic) grapefruit aroma/flavor.

The Bass will be a bit more moderate in bitterness and lean to the malty side of things.

Both great beers.

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to having a taste of both of them. I'm kinda new to the world of good beer and I have been looking into tasting different styles to see what I would like to brew and drink.

I was in your shoes only a year or so ago. My preference changed quite abit over the last year. I started out thinking APA's and IPA's were too hoppy. But they've slowly become my favorite. Haven't tried bass, but I think I will soon. I love Sierra Nevada.

To answer your question, I don't think the contents between "BASS1" and BASS2" you posted pics of differ at all... Bass Pale Ale, is Bass Pale Ale...

Not sure where you are located, but the BASS2 picture is what you will see distributed throughout most of the USA. BASS1 just looks like possibly an older version packaging or maybe used in other countries (non-USA)...

I used to drink a lot of Bass. Was one of my 'gateway beers' to better beer a few years ago.. Haven't had it in a while, but its pretty tasty.

Bass is 1 of my favs. I keep it in my rotation. I'm not a big fan of APA. BASS is not as bitter and more on the malty side.

Is it brewed in the US?

Bass is dead, it is interbrew/coors/marstons.

Trivia: I used to work in the old Bass bottling plant.

BASS, RuncornCheshire19731992Preston Brook Brewery. Keg/bottles/cans/bulk only

I'm pretty sure Bass bought in the US is brewed in Canada at the Molsons plant. I could be wrong though.

Latest posts

Back