Kentucky brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derbycitybrewer

Reaction score
I live in Louisville Kentucky and trying to find some all grain brewers and somewhat form a brewing club and what not. Anyone in this area? No need to be all grain. Just a brewer and enjoy the craft of brewing. Please contact me if interested. Cheers. We have a Facebook group called derby brew crew. Cheers

There's already a club in the Louisville area. http://www.lagersclub.com/

There was another one, F.O.S.S.I.L.S., but their website is gone, so who knows about their status.

If you stop by My Old KY Homebrew or go out to what's now called Winemakers & Beermakers Supply, I'm sure they'll have information on what club(s) are currently active.

cshort said:
There's already a club in the Louisville area. http://www.lagersclub.com/

There was another one, F.O.S.S.I.L.S., but their website is gone, so who knows about their status.

If you stop by My Old KY Homebrew or go out to what's now called Winemakers & Beermakers Supply, I'm sure they'll have information on what club(s) are currently active.

I know of the two. But we're actually thinking about getting another one together. But I use both home brew shops and know of both of them clubs. Just looking to start the next best thing. Cheers

Another Louisville brewer somewhat interested in joining a brew club. Are you still trying to get this together?

MrOrange said:
Another Louisville brewer somewhat interested in joining a brew club. Are you still trying to get this together?

There is about 7 of us now that are somewhat a club.

Do you all have any sort of meet ups or brew days? I have been wanting someone to talk brewing with since none of my friends do it. I'm an all grain brewer that mostly tries to brew "to style" for competitions and such but every once in a while ill try something off the wall. I have a huge interest in sour/funky beers. I mostly brew on my own with some help from the wife here and there.

MrOrange said:
Do you all have any sort of meet ups or brew days? I have been wanting someone to talk brewing with since none of my friends do it. I'm an all grain brewer that mostly tries to brew "to style" for competitions and such but every once in a while ill try something off the wall. I have a huge interest in sour/funky beers. I mostly brew on my own with some help from the wife here and there.

I have a Facebook page called derby city brew. Like it and let me know that this is you. Then I will friend request u and add u to our group on there.

The Louisville club doesn't seem to be very active: the web site says the next meeting is in September 2013.

The LAGERS home brew club meets at the BBC Tap room, on the corner of Clay & Main, the 3rd Monday of the month. Doors open at 7pm and the meeting starts at 7:30.
You don't have to be a member to attend.
The February meeting will be held at My Old Kentucky Homebrew Shop on Baxter ave, Monday, February 17th.

B.O.C.K, Brewers of central Kentucky, is the Homebrew club in Lexington.
Both Lagers and Bock are active on Facebook.

Back