Temp Controller WH7016e

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escobar090

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got this temperature controller from China and im trying to figure out how to wire it. Its pretty much like the regular SCT1000 (same design and size but differs in its functionallity)

I just realized its only one sided (heating or colling, correct me if im wrong) but i think its not that much of a problem, considering i can just heat in the winter and cool in the summer.

The thing is, im having trouble in the wiring process, here is the diagram but im not an electric guy, can any of you give me a heads up?, please, id really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Look over the photo and see if that will get you going. I show no heating and cooling connected to a single outlet. Just remember attach the hot wires to the copper colored screws and use a pair of snips to cut the jumper out between the two copper screws. This will allow one side to hot and the other not, if you leave it in there both heating and cooling will be active in either mode.

image-1867337053.jpg

Wrong WillHi model. The OP's is single stage with nine terminals.

Here's how to wire the 7016e, assuming a 110V model:

From the input power cord:
- black (hot) wire goes to terminals 1 and 4
- white (neutral) wire goes to terminal 5 and the white wire on the output power cord (or the bright screws on a socket)
- green (safety ground) connects to the green wire on the output power cord (or the grounding screw on a socket)

Then, terminal 2 connects to the black (hot) wire on the output power cord (or the brass screws on a socket).

Finally, the temperature probe connects to terminals 8 & 9.

Terminals 3, 6 & 7 are generally left unused...

Cheers!

Thank you all, i want to hook up and old fridge and in my country we work with 220v, what would change knowing this?

If you have the model that supports 220vac for the power input (described as "Working voltage" in the manual, to an external reference, presumably the ordering page), then actually nothing in my description would change. The connections are identical, only the context differs...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back