Superbowl beer choice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patro

Reaction score
So what's everyone drinking during the game? Did you brew something special, pick up your favorite commercial brew, or maybe something lighter because you'll be stuffing your face with too many wings?

Ahhhh....a topic dear to my heart....being a Ravens fan.....

I have the following homebrews chilled and ready for my superbowl party:
Hefeweizen
Sweet Stout
Nut Brown

I also have an assortment Victory Brewing Beers and Troegs (both PA Breweries)

P.S. Enjoying some of my homebrews right now...and hopefully there is some left for tomorrow! what!

I kind of wish I had made a special Super Bowl beer but didn't have the forsight. Would have also liked a St. Patrick's Day beer but missed that train as well.

I need to run to the liquor store and pick up something lightish. Planning on a lot of food so probably don't need a very big or filling beer. Although a good IPA would be nice to mix it up.

We finished off all of the home brew between my daughters graduation Dec.15, Christmas and New Years so we are just getting around to filling the pipe line, but Sierra Nevada has a great RyePA that's going to be in my cooler.

Picked up a 12er of Uinta Cutthroat that was on sale...goin' to my daughter's house for the game and taking a sixer of the Mexican Cerveza that she made me make...hope it tastes good. Wait...of course it will taste good...almost as good as beating the ravens will taste. Go Niners.

I've got a Kolsch, crowd favorite around here, imperial pilsner, porter, and fizzy yellow beer.

Just going to have a few of my pale ales, maybe a glass of bourbon, a few stogies along with wings, pizza and nachos. :)

Rick

I'm tapping an Alt that has been lagering/carbing up for the last 2.5 months while I travelled around Bolivia.

Going to have to watch it a couple days late as I'm stuck at work, but I have a Rye Pale Ale (w/ Chinook, Cluster, Summit), an AIPA ( w/ Columbus, Glacier, Simcoe), and a Chocolate Oatmeal RIS on tap for when I do.

I got lucky my first brew is just now finishing carbing up didn't plan it that way. This is great first brew and my team in the SB best day ever. GO RAVENS

Iv`e got a vanilla chocolate porter that I made 4 weeks ago,been carbing for a
week.Probably still a little green but I`ve gotta try one tomorrow.For the day
I picked up a case of the Sam Adams spring sampler.I really like the Maple Pecan
porter. - go Ravens-

Cheers

Out of homebrew :( so I'll be drinking Lagunitas Ipa, lagunitas sucks, and maybe something special if the local bottle shop has anything worth while

We always have abeer and side party everybody brings a craft brew they have never had and a sidedish always a good time and get to try a good variety of beer

I'll probably be drinking lighter beers. I don't really have homebrews that fit the bill right now.
Homebrews:
Nut brown
Vienna ale (think high gravity Vienna lager but an ale)
Porter

I'll get some commercial brews because my blonde ale isnt ready and I just ran out of my pale. I 'm gonna grab some miller lite and a pale ale (havent decided which any suggestions?) tonight because I need something light but hoppy, and I still love a miller lite when I'm eating wings.

Pats fan here, so bittersweet for me. Really thought they'd be in the Bowl. That said, if I watch here, HB IIPA and HB Mild Mannered Ale, Lagunitas Sucks, maybe a HB Smoky Black IPA... Otherwise, some bar which will hopefully have something cool on tap.

Tonight, heading to Harpoon's brand new beer hall. Got to check it out midweek, fell in love with it, excited to drink some pilot and cask brews, and sample some spent grain pretzels of course.

Three beers: Bud Weis and Er. Think frogs from about a decade ago.

Really: an Amber, an ESB or my experiment - "Otter's Nuggets" = Maris Otter and Nugget hops. It is good!

Bud Light at a bar on tap. My buddy is a HUGE Niner fan and is putting up the beer and food. I can't get my friends to drink anything but, so I guess if drink their stuff long enough maybe they will start drinking my stuff.

sweetwater 420 at my fav tavern, wings pregame, halftime spread set up on pool table... about a 30 item nice homemade food spread from bar owner...

I can't believe that nobody is drinking a California Common!!?? The style was "invented" in San Francisco for all the thirsty "49er's"!!! I have a CC ready to go and will be bringing growlers to a Super Bowl party!!

Wings, nachos and a 12er of Shock Top. The poor man's Blue Moon.

I'll try my homebrew Wit but it's only been 2 weeks in the bottle.

libeerty said:
Pats fan here, so bittersweet for me. Really thought they'd be in the Bowl. That said, if I watch here, HB IIPA and HB Mild Mannered Ale, Lagunitas Sucks, maybe a HB Smoky Black IPA... Otherwise, some bar which will hopefully have something cool on tap.

Tonight, heading to Harpoon's brand new beer hall. Got to check it out midweek, fell in love with it, excited to drink some pilot and cask brews, and sample some spent grain pretzels of course.

Everyone thought the Pats would be that's why it was so sweet when Flacco came out gunning in second half. I was fully expecting my team to lose that game at half

My sisters live in Baltimore and sent me a six pack of this..... Got one left, so figure I better drink it while cheering for the ravens:

resurrection.jpg

Picked up some Dixie lite amber. Not sure what it will be like but seemed fitting with the bowl in Nawlins. Also have some cider and oatmeal stout on tap

We always have abeer and side party everybody brings a craft brew they have never had and a sidedish always a good time and get to try a good variety of beer

O yea forgot about a colby i made about about a month ago that ive been dieing to try
ForumRunner_20130202_214022.jpg

It's amazing it doesn't slide right off the table. Looks good

So you go through the work of making your own cheese, but you buy store bought cupcakes?

I made up an APA just for today. It's a good thing Superbowl is today, because if I had to wait another week, I probably would have 'tested' the whole batch before the game and had none left.

Loads of snow all over and still falling so Ill be watching at home with plenty of Labatt, Bells Smitten and Lagunitas Sucks since Im pulling for SF. Go Niners!

Don't know what I'm having yet. Though I'm not specifically rooting for SF, I have a batch of Anchor Steam clone that is bottled and borderline ready to serve.

On the other hand, I might check out the growler station at the liquor store. Decisions, decisions...

I rushed my CA common batch into the keg for a 24 hour conditioning period. I'm taking it to a party. Seemed appropriate.

I'm from the Bay Area originally. I was a kid the last time the Niners were great. My first phrase was "Touchdown 49ers!"

Now I get to take my 3 year old and 1 year old to watch a 49ers Super Bowl.

Bringing a growler of something local to a Super Bowl party. Haven't decided which one yet, but I'm leaning towards Velvet Hammer.

I have a 12 pack of summit winter sampler, and for washing down my ridiculously hot wings, a case of grain belt nordeast. Gonna try one of my pale ales from my first brew. only been bottled for a week and a half, but it's the super bowl. Can't think of a better excuse to give it an early sample

Back