Mini Chicago/burbs buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewenstein

Reaction score
Hey guys - Somehow I missed the big group buy that is wrapping up right now. I do have an account at Mid-Country Malt so I can buy when I want, but to get the best pricing, I need to get at least 14 sacks. I have a few guys that need some grain, but not quite enough. Anyone else miss out and need a few sacks? I am looking to make a run to Mid-Country in 1-2 weeks, so let me know. Either post here, or send me a PM.

I can be in for a few bags if it will help you reach your goal. I have a local group meeting this Thursday and I can see if there are others who are interested.

I can be in for a few bags if it will help you reach your goal. I have a local group meeting this Thursday and I can see if there are others who are interested.

Awesome. I won't go until sometime next week at the earliest. PM me your e-mail address and I will forward you the catalog.

Brewenstein said:
Hey guys - Somehow I missed the big group buy that is wrapping up right now. I do have an account at Mid-Country Malt so I can buy when I want, but to get the best pricing, I need to get at least 14 sacks. I have a few guys that need some grain, but not quite enough. Anyone else miss out and need a few sacks? I am looking to make a run to Mid-Country in 1-2 weeks, so let me know. Either post here, or send me a PM.

I'd probably be in for a sack or 2. Flying in/out of Chicago for thanksgiving...would it be possible for me to pick up the Sunday after?

I'm also in Lombard, and depending on pricing, would be in for two sacks, maybe three.

OK - here is what I have so far. Please check and let me know if this is correct.

Mlutha - 4 sacks 2-row, 1 sack vienna, 1 sack Maris Otter

Asseyes - 2 sacks of ?

adriedel - 1 sack 2-row

mragin - 1 sack Briess 2-row (or GW 2-row)

Wickman - 1 CM wheat, 1 CM 2-row, 1 GW Vienna, 1 BZ Munich

Can you please let me know which brand of malt you want if you haven't already?

Thanks.

I am closing this now for anyone else. For those of you that said 2-row, any particular maltster? If I don't hear back, I will get Canada Malting Co for the 2-row.

If you're still open - I'd take 2 sacks of Briess 2Row. Let me know and I can PayPal you and pickup. I'm in the city - I can help with a group pickup with any other folks.

-James
CHAOS Member
312-498-2000 cell

Here is what I have now. Please verify. I am placing this order as soon as I get pricing. I am going out of town next Tuesday, so I would like to get the grain this coming Thursday or Friday, and have pick-up before I leave Tuesday.

Please get back to me today with your selection of maltster, if you have not already done so. Also, I need a back-up for those who selected Briess, as MCM did not sell this to home brewers last time I ordered. Thanks.

Mlutha - 4 sacks 2-row, 1 sack vienna, 1 sack Maris Otter -Still waiting for maltster selection

Asseyes - 1 sack 2-row and 1 sack Maris Otter - Still waiting for maltster selection

adriedel - nothing at this time

mragin - 1 sack Briess 2-row (or GW 2-row)

Wickman6 - 1 CM wheat, 1 CM 2-row, 1 GW Vienna, 1 BZ Munich, 1 sack CM pale ale

Schnibbz - 3 sacks CMC 2-row, 50 lb PBW

iX_iX - 2 sacks Briess 2-row - Please select alternate maltster, just in case

Face Eater - 1 sack TF Maris Otter, 1 sack GW 2-row

mwandrusz - 2 sacks CMC 2-row, 1 sack Munich - Which maltster for the Munich?

If I do not hear back regarding maltster selections, or alternates to Briess, I will default to CMC for 2-row ($30.80 per sack), Best Malz for Munich (their light Munich) ($38.50 per sack) and Vienna ($38.50 per sack), and Thomas Facett for Maris Otter ($45.10 per sack)

I will cover the cost the buy, and you can pay me when you pick up. Cash is preferable, but a check will do also. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Just realized how much this order will weigh (I also have a few friends and myself not listed above). I may need to have this delivered. If so, it will add $2-3 per bag to cover the delivery and fuel charges. Is everyone OK with this? Please let me know. If I can't get confirmation from everyone, I may need to push the order off until after Thanksgiving.

I will be looking to borrow a truck for pickup, so this may not be an issue, but let me know just in case.

Did not receive a quote today, but am still hoping to pick up on Friday. If anyone can pick up Friday, that would be awesome. Otherwise I need to bring all of the sacks inside for the night (I don't have a garage :().

I have a tight Friday - I can pickup at Lunch time. If you're
Going to South Holland maybe I can meet you there and help
you load and take my order there. Otherwise I'm available
Saturday.

I have a tight Friday - I can pickup at Lunch time. If you're
Going to South Holland maybe I can meet you there and help
you load and take my order there. Otherwise I'm available
Saturday.

I should be able to pick up at 10 AM. If you want to meet that would be fine, otherwise Saturday works as well.

Nice, I will get in on this next time. Got a truck to move it too, and i drive past lombard on my way home everyday. Let me know if anyone backs out of their order.

Sounds good - I'll meet you there Friday at
10am. PM your cell. See you Friday.

OK everyone,

Grain will be ready to pick up at 10 on Friday at MCM. I should get there right at 10 and be back home by and have some orders sorted by noon. So whatever works for you. If you pick up Friday evening, I will not have much time to chat as we are having my Father-in-law over for dinner. Saturday is wide open.

Also, a few malts were not available, so I picked subs for them. Same grain, different maltster. All Maris is from Thomas Facett and all Vienna is from Baird. Hope this is okay.

Back