Rasspberry soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dstreetbrew

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about making a raspberry soda with real raspberry. I know how I will make it, but my question is how long do you think it will stay for. Is there any thing I can do to preserve it?

You could try pasteurizing the raspberries. Lots of discussion of fruit additions on the mead forums.

Dstreetbrew said:
So I'm thinking about making a raspberry soda with real raspberry. I know how I will make it, but my question is how long do you think it will stay for. Is there any thing I can do to preserve it?

Did it turn out? (my first post btw!)

aupchurch167 said:
Don't hold out on us! What is the recipe!?!?!?

12 pints of raspberry 2lbs raw sugar 1 cup of honey 5 gallon water. Boil water add all ingredient let boil for 15 min. I would suggest straining about 2 times to get all the sediment from the fruit out. Then get and force carb to you desired pressure. I set min @ 30psi for a week. I didn't figure out a way to pasteurize it so keep cold. Very light and crisp. Great for a summer cocktail... I got my raspberry whole sale thee a local farm. If I do again I will most likely use a raspberry pure. The Berrys are expensive and one container of pure goes for for $15 and is the same as a flat of raspberry a. Perfect Pure of napa valley is a good brand.

Back