Hallertau

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
If I used Hallertau in a Kolsch, Helles, Bock, and Hefewezen would they all taste the same....to a certain degree?

I like these styles a lot and want to perfect a recipe for each but would would using the same hop for all of them make them all taste sorta the same?

Here is the description from austinhomebrew.com:

German Hallertau is the classic German aroma hop associated with Bavarian-style lager beers. Other beer styles appropriate for this hop include lagers, bocks, pilsners, weizens, Belgian-style ales, alts, lambics, kolsch, and Munich ales.

All the syles are in there....

Thanks!

hops are only one of the things that provide flavor - your yeast and grain bill and other additions also play a huge roll. So no, those styles of beer will taste completely different even though you use the same hops.

Think of it like oregano. You can put that in TONS of dishes and they're all completely different.

SWEET

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear!

Cool, looks like ordering in bulk but having different styles will be pretty easy.

Thanks again!

Back