ISO Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orpheus

Reaction score
I've done a google and searched here but have had no luck. Does anybody have or know where I can get the Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA Clone recipe?

I went to the DFH Alehouse for lunch today and had their 60 Minute on tap and enjoyed it very much!:mug:

BYO did this one in Mar. -April. If you can't find it there I'll tipe it out for you.:mug:

Found this on another site:

Here ya go:
Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone

8 oz. American Crystal 20°L
8½ lbs. Light LME
⅓ oz. Amarillo (10% AA, 50 minutes)
⅓ oz. Columbus (14% AA, 50 minutes)
⅓ oz. Warrior (15% AA, 50 minutes)
⅓ oz. Amarillo (10% AA, 40 minutes)
⅓ oz. Columbus (14% AA, 40 minutes)
⅓ oz. Warrior (15% AA, 40 minutes)
⅓ oz. Horizon (13% AA, 40 minutes)
⅓ oz. Amarillo (10% AA, 30 minutes)
⅓ oz. Columbus (14% AA, 30 minutes)
⅓ oz. Warrior (15% AA, 30 minutes)
⅓ oz. Horizon (13% AA, 30 minutes)
⅓ oz. Amarillo (10% AA, 15 minutes)
⅓ oz. Columbus (14% AA, 15 minutes)
⅓ oz. Warrior (15% AA, 15 minutes)
⅓ oz. Horizon (13% AA, 15 minutes)
⅓ oz. Amarillo (aroma)
⅓ oz. Columbus (aroma)
⅓ oz. Warrior (aroma)
1 pkg. Wyeast 1272 American Ale II

OG: 1.064
FG: 1.015
SRM: ~8
IBU: 67
ABV: 6.4%

Style: India Pale Ale
Type: Extract w/grain
Size: 5 gallons
Water: will probably use 1 tsp. gypsum
Steep: Grain in bag in brew kettle heated to just before boil over 30 minutes.
Boil: 2 gallons for 60 minutes to SG 1.161
Carbonation: Will prime with ¾ cup invert sugar at bottling

Did you try their 90-minute? I have a 4-pack of the 90-minute but I'm not sure if I like it or not. I think it's going to take a few 4-packs!!! The 90-min recipe is in my sig...a link to someone elses recipe.

Exo said:
Did you try their 90-minute? I have a 4-pack of the 90-minute but I'm not sure if I like it or not. I think it's going to take a few 4-packs!!! The 90-min recipe is in my sig...a link to someone elses recipe.

I wanted to try both the 90 Minute and the 120 Minute (weighing in @ 20% ABV) but they were out of both.

They were out of 3 or 4 beers I wanted to try before I gave up and told him to bring me a 60 minute.

I was traveling on business through Indianapolis a few months ago, and heard that a Buffalo Wild Wings in downtown had the DFH 90 min on tap, running through a Randall.

Unfortunately, they had removed the Randall just a week before because hops were clogging their lines. Very sad.

Has anyone had the Randallized 90 min??? It's one of my personal goals for the year, now.

With all those hop additions at 50 and 40 min with high AA this has got to be more than 67 IBU's.

BYO a couple months ago had a project to build a continuous hopping device, which I believe is a smaller version of what DFH uses for the 60/90/120. You load it with pellets, and a slow RPM motor drops them in slowly over the length of the boil.

...for if you want to get nerdy with the 60 Min clone.

bobbyc said:
BYO a couple months ago had a project to build a continuous hopping device, which I believe is a smaller version of what DFH uses for the 60/90/120. You load it with pellets, and a slow RPM motor drops them in slowly over the length of the boil.

...for if you want to get nerdy with the 60 Min clone.

Didn't I read somewhere that the original design for the continuous hop addition utilized one of those old vibrating football game tables? Didn't work, so they quickly scrapped it - but it's still funny as hell.

I wonder how much of a difference it really makes to do what DFH does versus what Walker's IPA recipe called for, which is hops additions every five minutes during the last half of the boil. Suppose I'll know in three weeks, when they're ready to drink...

I hadn't heard that, but that'd be funny to watch.

I suppose you could also make a game out of it. Lay down some plastic around the boil kettle, sit back about 10 feet from the kettle with a mixed up pot of hop pellets. Toss single pellets at the kettle for the entire boil, then pick up all the ones on the plastic to dump in at turnoff.

...or not.

I live just 40 minutes from DFH's Milton brewery, and just an hour from their Rehoboth Beach brew pub. A few weeks ago my brother, and I took the Milton brewery tour, and then headed to the brew pub for their happy hour featuring Randallized 90 Minute. It was nothing like I expected. The extra fresh hop infusion actually seems to mellow the previous monster hop additions. Although definitely not a session beer (three pints in I felt the hop's astringency kicking in), I would highly recommend going out of your way to try it.

I'mma noob, but I'm thinking it's one of these:

Picnic4.jpg

Gawd, that has to be some good beer...

I dunno, but it really makes me want to grow some hops in the spring...

Back