new ideas for brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrades

Reaction score
I have so far made a brown ale, which I thought and most of my friends said it was very good. my last one was a rasberry wheat, opened a bottle last night after 1 week in the bottles and it needs some more time. Next time I will use fresh fruit instead of extract! I would like input on another good choice by you folks. I really enjoy this BYO! I wish I would have started it years ago.:mug:

I'll second the "Wish I had Started this years ago" idea.
I haven't purchased beer in ages... Just can't stand the standard offerings and the cost of the Butique brews is STAGERING. I felt if I was going to pay Pub Prices or more I might as well get it fresh off their TAP...

Now with a Kegerator and brewing my own... I have the Tap in my house!! and Beer is an anytime thing! Now if my first Brewing will just carb up and age....5th week and 2 weeks left before the first party. I'm thinking it should be just about right by then.
Now I'm just dreaming of new brews or ideas to give beer the "Spice" and Variety I like!

Next one on the list is a Mac&Jack clone.

On Tap Keg 1... Alt Bier
Keg 2... empty
Keg 3... empty
Secondary... empty
In Primary 1 ... American Lemon Heff
Primary 2... empty

I've got some brewing to do! =)
Cheers

I would like to make a kegerator, the bottle thing is a pain in the a--! I don't mind doing a few beers but thats it. We will be moving soon so I want to make one after we move. They say to try differnt styles of beers, but I usually drink ales. And after you spend all the time and patients watching it brew, to make a beer I don't like would suck.

What is your favorite beer or style? Or what do you have a taste for? That is usually what helps me decide on what to brew.

Great recipes from this site include EdWort's Haus Pale Ale, Biermuncher's Centennial and Orfy's Hobgoblin clone. I also really like ohiobrewtus's EF clone.

For myself I tend to alternate between hoppy IPA like beers to roasty stouts and porters, then malty English or Scottish ales then repeat. And occasionally throw in some differnet beers like a Midas Touch clone, A Flander's Red and a Belgian Dark Strong. But I like to have a variety available.

Craig

I like the pale ale's and such. But no much a fan for the darker stouts. I do like the IPA's. So I will check some of those out on the site. I really like the Steelers sign!!!!!!! I have been a fan of them since the early 70's GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Yeah homebrewing turned me into a beer snob real quick.I have had a mixed 12 pack in my fridge for a week and i'm thinking about drinking some Way not done yet stouts in my closet:tank:

Here is my beer snob for the day. Guys at work asked me to go after and tip a couple, at a small town bar. Bud, Miller, Coors only thing they had other then hard liquer. Give me a draw of Coors I said, one beer for me and it tasted like a--! So I came home to my own creations! What has this quality beer done to me. I'll just have to pick the place next time. I may be drinking by myself.

Back