Beer in Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irbefan

Reaction score
My wife is in Seattle visiting her sister and, although I'm familiar with some of the breweries that way, I am looking for opinions on specialty beers/bombers that she could bring back for me that I cannot get in Colorado. I could do some research, but I'd like some recommendations from this forum. So, if anyone is familiar with beers in the area, your recommendation is appreciated. Thanks

There are as you know quite a few local microbreweries here in Seattle, many choices. Are you thinking about any particular types or styles? There is a great place in West Seattle, The Beer Junction, http://www.thebeerjunction.com/ that probably has the best selection of anywhere in the city. The owner, Morgan, is very knowledgeable and happy to help with selections. If you ever get to Seattle I'd try to make it by. Most of the large supermarkets, Thriftway, QFC, Whole Foods, ect. typically stock a decent selection from our local microbreweries.

Terry

Thanks for the link. That place looks awesome and I'll send her there for a few that I saw on the site. As far as styles, I'm less concerned with style and looking for special/limited releases from local breweries that are only distributed locally, and you think is a fantastic beer. For example, Bligh's Barleywine by Dry Dock Brewing Co. However, double IPA's and Russian Imperials would be at the top of the list. Thanks for the help.

Irbefan said:
Thanks for the link. That place looks awesome and I'll send her there for a few that I saw on the site. As far as styles, I'm less concerned with style and looking for special/limited releases from local breweries that are only distributed locally, and you think is a fantastic beer. For example, Bligh's Barleywine by Dry Dock Brewing Co. However, double IPA's and Russian Imperials would be at the top of the list. Thanks for the help.

Your welcome. Good luck hope she finds some good ones for you.

Elysian Brewing is awesome. I also like Pike very much. Walking Man is also awesome. Don't know about special releases, or if you can get those in your area.

Elysian is good. We get some of their stuff here. I've had the Idiot Sauvin and Avatar Jasmine before. I forgot they were out there. Have to have her grab me something from them for sure. Not familiar with Pikes.

I thought about that, just not sure how a growler would fare on an airplane. Anyone have any experience with that?

A full growler ought to fare ok on a plane. Breakage is a risk so I'd recommend padding well and don't pack it w/stuff that you wouldn't want beer soaked.

Have to put in a plug for Big Al's in South Seattle and Hales brewery serves tasty IPA's. Hate to knock a local beer but Mac and Jacks (previously mentioned) is not a favorite. Tastes like a beer that needs a diacetyl rest to me.

Back