New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Black IPA. Darkside Cascadian Ale

image-1795883555.jpg

Version 1 of a clone attempt for Wychwood Hobgoblin. Obviously not a clone, but very helpful information for a rebrew. Still a good brown ale.

IMG_7160.jpg

billym99 said:
About the last draw from a keg of Maibock.

A big beautiful draw at the least. Looks great. I remember loving the style the first couple times i had it but my last experience was not pleasurable .

That pint looks like it would get me back into the swings of maibock things.

Dave37 said:
A big beautiful draw at the least. Looks great. I remember loving the style the first couple times i had it but my last experience was not pleasurable .

That pint looks like it would get me back into the swings of maibock things.

Edit: replace pint with quart. :tank:

Finally bottled after 9 months. Had a few ozs left
Over so i figured id sample some of it. It is friggin tasty! I will let it age for some time longer. Maybe have the 1st bottle around thanksgiving or christmas. Its a traditional mead. The bottles look much clearer than this sample. First batch of mead successful i think. :D

image-3255159819.jpg

Recent masterpiece - Honey Blonde Ale. 6.4%ABV, 23 IBU. Brewed with Tettnanger and German Saphir hops (Saphir has a nice tangerine aroma to it). Finished with orange blossom honey. Citrus and caramel on the nose, balanced by clean bitterness and a lingering honey finish. Thick creamy mouth feel and a dense white head.

HoneyBlonde.jpg

My first stab at an IPA, using a kit put together by my LHBS. Mistakenly dry hopped with 2 oz. Hallertau rather than the Falconers Flight recipe called for. Anyway, after 11 days in the bottle it is plenty carbed, and surprisingly tasty. The hops note is not as citrusy? as a lot of the commercial IPAs, but it is SMOOOOVE, and exhibits nice lacing.

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Back