Mitchell list tomorrow...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speculating on active players only?

Okay...here is 3 guesses from me:

Ben Sheets
Billy Hall
Kurt Schilling

I honestly think the list is going to contain a lot more no names than big names.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22189702/
The revelation of players who have not yet been publicly linked to drug use figures will be the most sensational part of the report.

I think it could be argued the Tejada was "implicated" by Canseco, but you get the point.

Dude I agree. And yet all I can think about are oddly over injured players... so...
Kerry Wood.

I bet there are few big names. Those guys are mostly smart enough to use things that can be masked or are undectable

I speculate that half the people he'll name have already been implicated. I also speculate that all of the people will be implicated in having done steroids (or whatever drugs) before the MLB drug policy was in place, so nothing will happen.

As far as I'm concerned, this whole horse and pony show over the last year has been f'ing ridiculous and a waste of time. People's heads are going to roll - I don't think so.

As a huge O's fan, I will laugh a bit if Tejada is implicated, though we are still stuck with Jay "steroids don't always work" Gibbons on our roster and have the memories of Palmeiro fresh in our heads.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Roger Clemens be the biggest name outed tomorrow; pitchers in particular can really benefit from reduced recovery time.

I'd be a little surprised if Schilling is on the list, unless a side effect of roids is you become a big fat loud mouth, and yes I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan.

Besides the obvious Bonds, Sosa, Giambi, etc. I'm going with a few other names from recent Red Sox history.

Nomar Garciaparra, he was on the cover of SI in 2000 (I think, it may have been 99 or 01) and he was way more jacked than he had ever been, then all the sudden a huge rash of injuries followed.

Kevin Millar, don't get me wrong he's one of my favorite recent Sox but h went from hitting .275-.285 with over 20 homeruns to hitting for the same average with around 10 homers, to hitting .240 with just a couple homers in a 3 year span.

EDIT: nomar was on the cover in '01

Pudge, definitely.

So what would you suggest that MLB does now?

If they can provide receipts/other proof for the dope after MLB began testing, what should happen?

I think, if your name is on that list after 2005 (is that when they decided to start testing?), all of your stats are erased from the books, PERIOD. After you serve your pathetic suspension, you are free to come back and add to your stats where you left off, before you were a cheater.

Here are some names I'm finding:

Brady Anderson
#
Manny Alexander
#
Rick Ankiel
#
Jeff Bagwell
#
Barry Bonds
#
Aaron Boone
#
Rafael Bettancourt
#
Bret Boone
#
Milton Bradley
#
David Bell
#
Dante Bichette
#
Albert Belle
#
Paul Byrd
#
Wil Cordero
#
Ken Caminiti
#
Mike Cameron
#
Ramon Castro
#
Jose Canseco
#
Ozzie Canseco
#
Roger Clemens
#
Paxton Crawford
#
Wilson Delgado
#
Lenny Dykstra
#
Johnny Damon
#
Carl Everett
#
Kyle Farnsworth
#
Ryan Franklin
#
Troy Glaus
#
Rich Garces
#
Jason Grimsley
#
Juan Gonzalez
#
Eric Gagne
#
Nomar Garciaparra
#
Jason Giambi
#
Jeremy Giambi
#
Jose Guillen
#
Jay Gibbons
#
Juan Gonzalez
#
Clay Hensley
#
Jerry Hairston
#
Felix Heredia, Jr.
#
Darren Holmes
#
Wally Joyner
#
Darryl Kile
#
Matt Lawton
#
Raul Mondesi
#
Mark McGwire
#
Guillermo Mota
#
Robert Machado
#
Damian Moss
#
Abraham Nunez
#
Trot Nixon
#
Jose Offerman
#
Andy Pettitte
#
Mark Prior
#
Neifi Perez
#
Rafael Palmiero
#
Albert Pujols
#
Brian Roberts
#
Juan Rincon
#
John Rocker
#
Pudge Rodriguez
#
Sammy Sosa
#
Scott Sc hoenweiis
#
David Segui
#
Alex Sanchez
#
Gary Sheffield
#
Miguel Tejada
#
Julian Tavarez
#
Fernando Tatis
#
Maurice Vaughn
#
Jason Varitek
#
Ismael Valdez
#
Matt Williams
#
Kerry Wood

Lots of former Sox players on that list... also interesting to see guys that have been known for being complete hotheads/'roid-ragers, like Milton Bradley and Albert Belle (and John Rocker).

I've been reading/searching the report, and 'Tek doesn't seem to be in there. PDF's on ESPN, for those interested.

Finally, definitive proof of something Red Sox fans have known for ages...

Clemens takes it in the ass... :D

Marvin Bernard
Barry Bonds
Bobby Estalella
Jason Giambi
Jeremy Giambi
Benito Santiago
Gary Sheffield
Randy Velarde
Lenny Dykstra
David Segui
Larry Bigbie
Brian Roberts
Jack Cust
Tim Laker
Josias Manzanillo
Todd Hundley
Mark Carreon
Hal Morris
Matt Franco
Rondell White
Roger Clemens
Andy Pettite
Chuck Knoblauch
Jason Grimsley
Gregg Zaun
David Justice
F.P. Santangelo
Glenallen Hill
Mo Vaughn
Denny Neagle
Ron Villone
Ryan Franklin
Chris Donnels
Todd Williams
Phil Hiatt
Todd Pratt
Kevin Young
Mike Lansing
Cody McKay
Kent Mercker
Adam Piatt
Miguel Tejada
Jason Christiansen
Mike Stanton
Stephen Randolph
Jerry Hairston, Jr.
Paul Lo Duca
Adam Riggs
Bart Miadich
Fernando Vina
Kevin Brown
Eric Gagne
Mike Bell
Matt Herges
Gary Bennett, Jr
Jim Parque
Brendan Donnelly
Chad Allen
Jeff Williams
Howie Clark
Nook Logan
Daniel Naulty
Jose Canseco
Jay Gibbons
Troy Glaus
Jose Guillen
Darren Holmes
Gary Matthews, Jr.
John Rocker
Scott Schoenweis
Ismael Valdez
Matt Williams
Steve Woodard
Rick Ankiel
David Bell
Paul Byrd

For Brewers fans, note this about a recent signee...

When the Boston Red Sox were considering acquiring Gagné, a Red Sox official
made specific inquiries about Gagné’s possible use of steroids. In a November 1, 2006 email to a Red Sox scout, general manager Theo Epstein asked, “Have you done any digging on Gagne? I know the Dodgers think he was a steroid guy. Maybe so. What do you hear on his

medical?”

The scout, Mark Delpiano, responded,

Some digging on Gagne and steroids IS the issue. Has had a checkered medical past throughout career including minor leagues. Lacks the poise and commitment to stay healthy, maintain body and re invent self. What made him a tenacious closer was the max
effort plus stuff . . . Mentality without the plus weapons and without steroid help probably creates a large risk in bounce back durability and ability to throw average while allowing the changeup to play as it once did . . . Personally, durability (or lack of) will follow Gagne . . .

Kinda surprising, even knowing this, that the Sox still pulled the trigger and made the deal for him last year, giving up a pretty decent prospect for someone who proved to be worthless.

the_bird said:
Kinda surprising, even knowing this, that the Sox still pulled the trigger and made the deal for him last year, giving up a pretty decent prospect for someone who proved to be worthless.

Makes you wonder why they were so down on Gabbard. I could understand if they made the trade after his first start (walked in 4 runs) but he was starting to rebound nicely.

srm775 said:
Makes you wonder why they were so down on Gabbard. I could understand if they made the trade after his first start (walked in 4 runs) but he was starting to rebound nicely.

I don't recall him being considered a top-tier prospect in the system (certainly below the level of guys like Jon Lester), but he WAS 4-0 with an ERA of about 3.50 for the Sox last year.

the_bird said:
I've been reading/searching the report, and 'Tek doesn't seem to be in there. PDF's on ESPN, for those interested.

Bunch of other names on Dude's list arent in the report...Wood, Prior, Kile, etc.

Dude, where'd you get that list?

the_bird said:
I don't recall him being considered a top-tier prospect in the system (certainly below the level of guys like Jon Lester), but he WAS 4-0 with an ERA of about 3.50 for the Sox last year.

Gabbard was rated pretty high in their farm system. They thought that he might actually replace Lester, if something should happen to him. He got clobbered a few games (didn't take the loss though), but was turning it around.

This report is a joke. There are some big names on there that had to be using something...namely Sosa and Garciaparra. When he was on the cover of SI he was absolutely jacked and then went on a string of less power and more injuries after that.

RS_NomarSIcovBig.jpg

Brady Anderson doesn't surprise me at all......

He got big, and then got out....seemed fishy to me

Apha Order

Chad Allen
Rick Ankiel
David Bell
Mike Bell
Gary Bennett, Jr
Marvin Bernard
Larry Bigbie
Barry Bonds
Kevin Brown
Paul Byrd
Jose Canseco
Mark Carreon
Jason Christiansen
Howie Clark
Roger Clemens
Jack Cust
Brendan Donnelly
Chris Donnels
Lenny Dykstra
Bobby Estalella
Matt Franco
Ryan Franklin
Eric Gagne
Jason Giambi
Jeremy Giambi
Jay Gibbons
Troy Glaus
Jason Grimsley
Jose Guillen
Jerry Hairston, Jr.
Matt Herges
Phil Hiatt
Glenallen Hill
Darren Holmes
Todd Hundley
David Justice
Chuck Knoblauch
Tim Laker
Mike Lansing
Paul Lo Duca
Nook Logan
Josias Manzanillo
Gary Matthews, Jr.
Cody McKay
Kent Mercker
Bart Miadich
Hal Morris
Daniel Naulty
Denny Neagle
Jim Parque
Andy Pettite
Adam Piatt
Todd Pratt
Stephen Randolph
Adam Riggs
Brian Roberts
John Rocker
F.P. Santangelo
Benito Santiago
Scott Schoenweis
David Segui
Gary Sheffield
Mike Stanton
Miguel Tejada
Ismael Valdez
Mo Vaughn
Randy Velarde
Ron Villone
Fernando Vina
Rondell White
Jeff Williams
Matt Williams
Todd Williams
Steve Woodard
Kevin Young
Gregg Zaun

the_bird said:
Finally, definitive proof of something Red Sox fans have known for ages...

Clemens takes it in the ass... :D
I've used this joke twice today. Thanks!

Glenallen Hill. One of the only people to hit the Budweiser house (outside of Wrigley).

I'm sure that this list is absolutely not definitive - but for guys like Sosa and No-mah, they may have just not had enough evidence to name them. Their not being included in the list does not diminish it, IMHO.

I was thinking the same thing bird, but then on the raido I heard that the evidence against Brian Roberts was really, really thin. Something about someone heard from someone who heard type thing. Of course, this was from a write for the Baltimore Sun so take that with a grain of salt.

HAHA I know one of those guys on the list!

I grew up a couple of blocks from Adam Piatt.

We went to the same grade school, and middle school but he went to a different high school then me, His sister went to my high school though, IIRC she was hot.

I always remember that guy being an a$$. I was back home in Florida last year, and was out at this Irish bar with a good buddy of mine who went to high school with Piatt. We tried to say whats up to him and he just acted all high and mighty, so we had to knock him down a block or two. My buddy Ed stopped him and said, just because you played a couple of seasons in the majors you don't need to act like your **** don't stink! Then something about how he blew it and couldn't hack it in the big leagues. We didn't know at the time that he had been juicing.

He blew close to $12,000 in just two years and wrecked his career. What an A$$hat!

Cheers

Without positive tests theres not a whole lot MLB can do.

On top of that masking agents are easy to distinguish. This whole thing is crap. Most AAS have a detection time of 3 weeks or longer on the first dose. Why is no one being caught? Cause MLB is a bunch of retards

MikeFlynn74 said:
Why is no one being caught? Cause MLB is a bunch of retards

That and because MLB only tests for ~30 of the substances out of the ~60 that are listed on the World Anti-Doping Agency's prohibited substances list. Basically showing the players how to get around it. I mean you can find the list of what the MLB tests for in the Wiki for gods sake!

Cheers

Good thing Rock and Roll doesnt' have a commissioner. What if the Grateful Dead were banished from the HoF due to drug use.

Back