Lets see your polished kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepinctbrewer

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done this

image-2072365821.jpg

I've got 10 corneys and 2 5 gallon sankeys to do. All are in great shape but are "cloudy". What method did you use and how long did it take?

Here is a picture of my full size keg that I am in the process of converting to a keggle.

I have already cut the hole in the top and I am in the process of polishing it.

I used the same angle grinder that I used to cut the hole in the top, to polish the keg up. Of course, I had to get some polishing wheels to use on it.

I do have some cornies that I need to polish as well.

Here is the thread that details the process and equipment needed:

"polishing your keg" is more than a clever euphemism

Although most of those are the big kegs, you can use the same process on the cornies as well!

keg.jpg

I've got 10 corneys and 2 5 gallon sankeys to do. All are in great shape but are "cloudy". What method did you use and how long did it take?

I used Bluemagic liquid polish, says it works on stainless steel
and i used a cordless craftsman buffer. only took maybe 30 min

Jeepinctbrewer said:
I used Bluemagic liquid polish, says it works on stainless steel
and i used a cordless craftsman buffer. only took maybe 30 min

I've used cleaning compound then polishing compound then Mothers aluminum / stainless polish. It took more than 4 hours and they didn't come out as nice as yours. It looks like Bluemagic may be the ticket. Thanks.

Just started mine last night I'm not worried about a mirror finish and getting out every scratch I just wanted them to look decent .

image-3093711956.jpg

Imagineer said:
I was given 2 kegs last summer and I needed stools for the game room so I polished them up and built swivel seats to fit them.

Good idea it looks good I have three extra kegs I was thinking of polishing one and turning it into a table

Back