What to do with leftover grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhcamp01

Reaction score
I have some leftover grains that I would like to use, but in a different beer then what was just made (magic hat fat angel). Any suggestions on recipes that may use these? I would purchase all other ingredients accordingly. I have about a half a pound of each.

Carmel 80L (Briess)
Dark Munich malt

T

Maybe you could make an amber ale of some sort. Or do like I do, make up a recipe off the top of your head and try it! That's the beauty of homebrewing. You can make whatever you want!

tyzippers said:
Maybe you could make an amber ale of some sort. Or do like I do, make up a recipe off the top of your head and try it! That's the beauty of homebrewing. You can make whatever you want!

Thanks for the thought. I am still expanding my ability to formulate recipes.cheers

After your mash you could always reuse them and make some pancakes!!!

Made some with caravienne malt, and it was absolutely amazing.

PapaBearJay said:
After your mash you could always reuse them and make some pancakes!!!

Made some with caravienne malt, and it was absolutely amazing.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will stick to drinking my grains for now.

I was thinking a mild or a brown ale. Munich is great in brown ales as is C-80.

daksin said:
+1 to amber. A good amber would be mostly 2-row, with a good amount of munich, some 80L and some 20L or 40L.

Thanks for the reply. That was my thinking as well.

I am going to piggy-back on his question and tap y'all's knowledge. I am making a batch of Pliny the Elder and will end up with the following leftover:
.75 lbs 2-Row, .4 lbs Carapils, .4 lbs Crystal 45, .5 oz Simcoe hops, .75 oz Columbus hops.
My plan is to do a 1 or 2 gallon batch. Your thoughts oh Beer Sages?

Latest posts

Back