5 Borough(NYC)Bulk Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I looked into doing a group hop buy, and I'll tell you this much: I can't do it until I get a chest freezer. The minimum size is 11 lbs, and my kegerator's freezer just can't hold many 11 lb packages of hop pellets.

The good news is that I am planning to buy a chest freezer...when the brewing budget allows (hopefully soon, but I did just pay for like 400 lbs of grain ;) ).

The is for looking into it Jon-TWR. I heard ya about the hops and space. Let me know if I can help you in anyway. I have a chest freezer and a fridge/freezer in my basement. Do you have a foodsaver? And about the grains.... I bought something like 500lbs. I am going to be busy brewing this year.

sorry guys started my new job this week gonna take care of it real soon. also still waiting on one person to pay.

keepitcold said:
alright alright Johnnyhitch anth sebas83 and flyingfinbar you guys and were done.

All these folks have paid, or at least confirmed as much here. Who's the last holdout?

Who's up for some public shunning?

Yea if your waiting on my payment it was sent on tuesday...
Just want to make sure thats confirmed

After checking my paypal account is says the funds are unclaimed??
Funds were pulled from my account on the 8th though?

Keepitcold can you sign into your account and see if you have a pending payment?

Sorry if this is the reason were being held up

After checking my paypal account is says the funds are unclaimed??
Funds were pulled from my account on the 8th though?

Keepitcold can you sign into your account and see if you have a pending payment?

Sorry if this is the reason were being held up

Has this issue been resolved yet?

Keepitcold, you've gotta keep us updated on this. We've dumped a lot of money your way and it's very unsettling to only get updates every few days.

What is the holdup? How can we help you get this show on the road?

Johnnyhitch1 said:
On my end funds are sent.
Its possible he has not signed into his account since tuesday and accepted the payment?

Keepitcold.....?

Cool. Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Keepitcold. Please call in the order and tell us when and where to meet for pick up. Please. I really want this to happen next week. If there is something you need help with please let us know. I am more than happy to help. Thanks.

Let me clear the air here guys. Pretty much country malt is saying no more new accounts for home brewers. However I do have a back up plan. I will be ordering through the brewery I now work at. I will keep everyone updated. I haven't forgotten you guys. I appreciate your patience.

Let me clear the air here guys. Pretty much country malt is saying no more new accounts for home brewers. However I do have a back up plan. I will be ordering through the brewery I now work at. I will keep everyone updated. I haven't forgotten you guys. I appreciate your patience.

It should have been figured out Day 1 that you were ineligible to organize this group buy through Country Malt. Why did it take so long for you to tell us this?

Now that you know we can't go through Country Malt, what is stopping us from proceeding with your backup plan ASAP?

I would presume the cost of the buy is going to be different if we're piggy-backing on the brewery's order. Is the cost going to be different or exactly the same?

If we don't get this resolved by the end of the week (this Friday) we should probably call it off. Thoughts?

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we didn't know before, but CM has been known to be slow to respond to homebrewers in the past. And, given that keepitcold JUST started a new job and will be asking a favor of them on our behalf, let's all cut him some slack. He did a GREAT job with the last buy I was involved in.

If you need to back out because you need your grain now or otherwise, I think it's wise to let him know as opposed to rushing this group buy. I think there are other brewers who would gladly fill in any gaps.

Keepitcold, keep us posted. Personally, I'm still in and I'm in no rush.

And thanks despite the hiccups!

S

Oh boy! That really sucks about CM. It felt good to hear what is going on at least. I think that has been the main issue for some of us. Reassurance. This is NYC ya know. I am willing to stay in if Keepitcold keeps up with the updates. The 300+ dollars was pretty much majority of my allowance for brewing this year. Therefore I don't brew until I get these grains. No brew no homebrew to enjoy. So I am a bit antsy.... Thou shall practice patience and dream of my next brew day.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we didn't know before, but CM has been known to be slow to respond to homebrewers in the past. And, given that keepitcold JUST started a new job and will be asking a favor of them on our behalf, let's all cut him some slack. He did a GREAT job with the last buy I was involved in.

If you need to back out because you need your grain now or otherwise, I think it's wise to let him know as opposed to rushing this group buy. I think there are other brewers who would gladly fill in any gaps.

Keepitcold, keep us posted. Personally, I'm still in and I'm in no rush.

And thanks despite the hiccups!

S
+1 on all of the above! Yes, it sucks to wait...but it'll be worth it in the end. :)

If the buy opens back up or if any slots open up, count me in for a sack of dme golden light - bm-5748

thanks to those you support me i am sorry its taking this long it just happened this way. well anyway good news guys I spoke to my boss and we a go the order is being put in tomorrow updates to come.

It should have been figured out Day 1 that you were ineligible to organize this group buy through Country Malt. Why did it take so long for you to tell us this?

Now that you know we can't go through Country Malt, what is stopping us from proceeding with your backup plan ASAP?

I would presume the cost of the buy is going to be different if we're piggy-backing on the brewery's order. Is the cost going to be different or exactly the same?

If we don't get this resolved by the end of the week (this Friday) we should probably call it off. Thoughts?

the cost will be different and when i place the order the difference will be refunded to you. its better now that its through the brewery more savings to you

the cost will be different and when i place the order the difference will be refunded to you. its better now that its through the brewery more savings to you
I always had faith! Thanks again for all your hard work, keepitcold! :ban:

Awesome. Thanks so much Keepitcold! If you don't mind me asking, What brewery are you working for?

Thanks for the update!

...and congrats on pursuing the dream of a lot of folks in these forums.

Nice! Down the street from me! Well... Pretty much.

Is that going to be the delivery spot?

I think so but it might just go to the original spot. If everyone can come within one or two days of the shipment arrival im sure it wont be a hassle to have the pallet around the brewery.

Yes! Thanks so much. This is very exciting. I just started at Rockaway Brewing Co.

Back