noob in Elk County

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAmike

Reaction score
I am just getting started. I have done a Mr Beer and it turned out pretty good aside for an off flavor I suspect is from either the cheap yeast, priming sugar or it was an old kit.

I am looking for a 15.5 gallon keg to make a keggle so I can do the BIAB method.

If anyone knows a source where I can get the keg give me a holler.

mike

The way I've scored my kegs for keggles was going to a local craft beer brewery and seeing if they have any old "to be recycled" kegs that they don't use any more.

Or you could check out the few online places that sell the completed keggle which are quite expensive.

Straub Brewery is about 15 minutes from me, i wanted to go for a tour and a free beer anyway. Thanks for the tip. what is a fair price to pay for a to be recycled keg?

They are going to probably get $45-65 in scrap so some where in that ball park would be a fair price. If they have homebrew roots they might even give it to you knowing that you were going through the right channels.

Let us know how the Straub tour is / if they have kegs available. I live about 1/2 hour from there (Karthaus) and would also be interested.

I have some family in the area (weedville) and took a tour of the brewery when I was visiting. I love St. Marys, and I love Straub! Very nice brewery!

Back