Just go away!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brulosopher

Reaction score
F*cking A! I decided to brew a simple UK Pale this afternoon. Just before getting started, she (the neighbor) walks into my house, to my wife's and my surprise. I started brewing, hoping she'd leave... nope! Still here, asking stupid questions, while her poor 2 year-old son sleeps in their house. Arrrrrgghhghghg!!!!! What to do, what to do???

Lock your doors next time? :drunk:

Seriously, I am fond of a couple of my neighbors but if they just walked into my house I would not hesitate to put them in their place.

I'd welcome the company while brewing! We moved a little outside the city proper of Pittsburgh and none of my friends like to cross rivers in order to come hang out and drink free beer. My wife is so sick of me talking her ear off about gravity readings, temps, yeast, etc.

Send your neighbor my way! I'll answer all her silly questions and then some!

Not to be harsh or anything, but it's YOUR house..Put your feelings aside and tell her to get the hell out.

Start telling her about all the different styles you've made giving her a sample of each to try until she's out cold on the kitchen floor, then stick her on the coach with an empty in her hand(make sure you take the monitor, gotta look after the kid whilst she's KO'd) and when she finally comes too she'll be so embarrassed that she won't hang around as often......:D

She is NOT hot (about 100 lbs overweight)... she wasn't asking questions, but yakking about her weird family history... a 3-way? Oh my... BARF!!

Show her the SWMBO thread and explain that women who stay for their first whole boil have to submit a pic of their own...HBT tradition and all that.

;)

maffewl said:
+1... I would beg my neighbors to express an interest.

She is not interested in brewing, just telling me about stupid sh*t.

She is not interested in brewing, just telling me about stupid sh*t.

Problem solved:

demotivation.us_SILENCE-silence-is-golden.-Duct-tape-is-silver_130617917476.jpg

Reminds me of this old lady that used to live kitty corner across from my parents house when I was young. Her husband had died some 30 years past from her making him do everything. We'd be sitting down to dinner,& she'd just walk in,going around to everyone & saying how good it looked. Her kids didn't even sghow much interest beyond taking her to church on Sunday,the swing by McDonald's on the way to drop her off.
It was annoying & pitifull at the same time.

Back