I think I'm set for bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoBrew

Reaction score
Found on craigslist 156 new + 24 rogue/stone bomber bottles for $50. A little dusty, but they were getting cleaned anyway. I should be set for my next 6-7 batches!

image-1746076711.jpg

You should've spent $50 on beer, threw a BYOMB (Bring your own Microbrew) and then you would've had bottles and beer to drink!

This post just reminded me I need more bottles, so went on CL.

100 swing top bottles for free, posted yesterday. Fingers crossed that they are still available.

And for anyone in my area, these bottles are far far away from my area so don't even bother looking on CL ;)

I love Craigslist, you just have to be patient for the free stuff and look all the time.

I just bought 2-20 lb CO2 tanks and 2 ball lock kegs for $80!!!

I don't need them I just couldn't pass up such a good deal.

20 oz or 20lb?

Yea I saw a great deal on a kegging set up a couple weeks ago and went as far as e-mailing him until I remembered I don't have near enough space for a keg, and for my living situation it is completely impractical

I just moved to kegging recently and gave away 14 cases of cleaned and de labeled bottles and I still have 6 cases of bottled beer

Yeah, I might be set for a bit for bottles as well. I found a local guy who has been saving bottles so he could start brewing but never can find the time. He sold me 225 bottles for $20. Here is my trunk after we loaded em. :) I mainly bottle for competitions or to give a few away.

I get all the bottles I want for $0.10 each from my local beer store.

My LHBS had cases of bottles on sale for $5, but they were green bottles, i turned it down. I won't even drink anything from a green bottle, even though at the store they had Moosehead for $10 a 12 pack.

Since i just started up brewing again recently, been buying nothing but Sam Adams. I bought 2 cases at my LHBS, i now have 8 cases of brown bottles. What i need to do, is get 2 more batches going, fast! Only thing i have going is a batch i bottled yesterday. Need to get the pipeline going and going!

I hit up the local recycling center here (in Thailand). Around $0.05 per bottle, but fresh outta the garbage, sometimes including cigarette butts and cockroaches, so it's pretty gross. Gotta give those suckers a proper boil and bleach soak. Cheap but time consuming. Takes a good afternoon of scrubbing and lifting.

Yeah, I might be set for a bit for bottles as well. I found a local guy who has been saving bottles so he could start brewing but never can find the time. He sold me 225 bottles for $20. Here is my trunk after we loaded em. :) I mainly bottle for competitions or to give a few away.

Double check the Full Sail Bottles, their 12 oz bottles are twist tops (and more sadly, so are their 11 oz session bottles), and the glue on their 22 oz bombers a ****ing nightmare...damn you Old Boardhead!

Back