Who here has just been itching to try Sorachi Ace Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny you mention Sorachi Ace, I was just browsing some websites tonight and there is an IPA from Cape Ann Brewing out of Gloucester, MA that their website says they use Chinook and Sorachi Ace. It is called Fishermans IPA. I had the beer about 2 years ago at a local beerfest and thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunatly at that time I was not much into brewing and critiquing beer. Being that you are in TX I'm not sure if you can pick one of these up, but I would assume it could give you an idea of the hop variety.

If you end up brewing with it, please let me know what your thoughts are of it.

SM

Brooklyn had a Sorachi Ace saison out last year that I picked up a growler of from the local beverage center. I loved it.. pale yellow in color, very drinkable, unique hop flavor. I would clone that as a house brew if I could find the recipe.

I just sampled a Leffe Blond clone that finished primary, using Sorachi instead of Styrian...it is very good. Can't wait until it is finished up.

I posted in another thread that I had 1 lb of Sorachi Ace & was looking for tips as to how to use them. Any recipes?

I use these ALL the time in my IPA and Pale Ales - I've even used them in imperial stouts. They're really good all around hops. I'd use them in an IPA.

Do you use them as mid-late additions and/or at flameout? What about dry hopping with them? Thanks, Montanaandy

I actually have a wheat beer in primary that was hopped with Sorachi Ace and fermented with WB-06. Tasty so far. Different for sure... but tasty.

I have 4oz I've been debating about how to use. My understanding is that they have a very citric lemony aroma and flavor. A saison seems to make sense but I may try it with a pale ale. Any advice?

just ordered ~6 ozs. Looking forward to trying them in a saison and a pale ale/wheat beer. Would also like to know where people are using these in the hop schedule, and are people mixing them with other hops?

Back