Where can I buy O2 tanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjzelectric

Reaction score
I bought the airstone with regulator kit @ my LHBS. They told me I could find the tanks @ Home Depot but I went there and they say they dont sell em. Where else could I try?

I knew it. I asked this dude and he didnt know, so he got on his little radio and asked someone else. " No we dont sell em, all we sell is propane." I had a feeling these morons didnt know anything so I asked a guy who looked like he knew what he was doing and he said no too. Where do they stock them in the store?

Right by the propane and the torches....

I couldn't find it on the HD website, though I know they have them in the stores. Here's a link to what Lowe's has:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=91314-13877-307343&lpage=none

And here's the pic of what you're after:
014045636186md.jpg

Almost any hardware store will have them as well. Ace or True Value, I like them better than the big box store because the employees will know what they have in the store.

+1234 to the above advice.

My favorite hardware store isn't a big box, and has been around for years. They have just about everything, but you have to know where it is to find it.

When I send people there, I tell them: "Go to A+A Trading Post. Go inside, find the oldest guy you can, and ask him how to do xyz." They always come back with what they need.

A good hardware store with knowledgable people is an indispensible part of life.

BJ, Depending on your budget you could go with a 20 cf cylinder ($60-$80) and regulator ($50-$75) from a welding distributor. When it's empty you can have it refilled for $15-$20. If you look @ my gallery you can take a look @ my set-up. Good luck.

Back