New to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geim32

Reaction score
I just got a 6.7 cu ft kegerator first question is do you think I can fit 3 cornies in there plus the co2 tank. Of so I'm ordering an new tower either a 2 or 3 tap tower. Other then my first question the major one is how do I connect everything together I was looking into getting a 3 way distributor also. If someone could give me step by step instructions that would be great thanks.

I'd get a dual body regulator and a 2 way manifold that way if you wanted to have a keg force carving you could and still have the other 2 set at your dispensing psi....as far as how many kegs you can fit search for " sizing your chest freezer" thread on here...I think it'll work with your co2 on the hump! Multiple threats on here for keezer builds so you should look at a few of those too.

I just got a 6.7 cu ft kegerator first question is do you think I can fit 3 cornies in there plus the co2 tank. Of so I'm ordering an new tower either a 2 or 3 tap tower. Other then my first question the major one is how do I connect everything together I was looking into getting a 3 way distributor also. If someone could give me step by step instructions that would be great thanks.

geim32 - we actually have sale pricing right now on towers and CO2 manifolds. You might want to check them out:

http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/categories/Draft-Beer-Towers/

http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/gas-splitters-accessories/

Best of luck on your build!

My man concern is rigging it all up I assume the lines from the tower go to the kegs and then the line from the tank goes to the manifold and then manifold to kegs right? Also will I still be able to force carb by just switching off the other kegs from the manifold thanks.

Yes, 1 line goes from the regulator to the side of the manifold, 2-3 lines go from the check valves pointing down to your kegs. You can shut any or all off and change pressure on one or more as long as you have check valves. Make sure you use teflon tape and check for leaks. I ordered one that was pre-assembled and had a slight leak. I tightened it and fixed the problem.

I also ordered a wye splitter to add a 4th keg on mine for a one time use (my wedding). the check valves on the manifold are too close together for the wye splitter to fit parallel with the manifold, so for not it is turned 90 degrees perpendicular.

Birdman you guys r great before u responded I already ordered 2 cornies and some accessories great pricing. I was also gonna buy a triple tap tower with all the hoses, tank, gas lines, manifold, and other accessories to make my on kegerator and the price was at least $150 cheaper ten anywhere else. Luckily I found a kegerator premade with everything for a little less but great prices!!!

Birdman you guys r great before u responded I already ordered 2 cornies and some accessories great pricing. I was also gonna buy a triple tap tower with all the hoses, tank, gas lines, manifold, and other accessories to make my on kegerator and the price was at least $150 cheaper ten anywhere else. Luckily I found a kegerator premade with everything for a little less but great prices!!!

Thanks for the support! Look forward to having another opportunity to serve you in the future. :mug:

Back