Mead Making Books

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTBREWDOG

Reaction score
I have decided that it is in due time before I make a mead. I just had the pleasure of trying one and I really like it. Not to mention the fact that Meade is a family name. Both good reasons to start making mead. (Not to mention I brew all grain beer already so I have the needed equipment...)

Anyhow, does anyone have any suggestions for a good mead making book. I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to mead. However, I generally enjoy books that get down to the gnats butt so the more advanced the book the better.

Thanks ahead of time!

Cheers :mug:,

Joe

+2 on The Compleat Meadmaker.

I also recommend Making Wild Wines & Meads. It's mostly "unusual ingredients" recipes. The part I don't like is they are all 1 gallon, but the combinations are interesting.

That's the other one I got for Christmas this year from my mom, along with The Compleat Meadmaker. I love my mom.

+3 on The Compleat Meadmaker by Ken Schramm. You can get a copy in Missoula at the Lolo Peak Winery on the corner of Mount & Reserve. Regards, GF.

Thanks all! It sounds like The Compleat Mead Maker is the way to go! I checked out the FAQ's on here but like to have a hard copy to peruse.

Cheers :mug:,

Joe

+5 on "The Complete Mead Maker", and another +for hightests FAQ.
Also, some good info can be found at: gotmead.com

Complete meadmaker is great.

Mad about Mead isn't all that bad either but absolutely more for beginners. Nothing advanced about it.

Latest posts

Back