Yeasts with certain beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can look on either the Wyeast or White Labs website. They both have good info to help guide your selection.

http://www.wyeastlab.com/hb_styleguidelines.cfm

Dunno if whitelabs have an equivalent although i would assume they do somewhere on their site.

Keep in mind these are more guidelines rather than rules. If you're just trying to make something exactly to style then yes, it's probably a good idea to stick to those guidelines, but just because the yeast isn't listed under the style doesn't mean you couldn't potentially have good results with it.

HBT is actually a great resource. There are even a few pro brewers that can show you how to get different flavors out of the yeasts you're already using. Want to make a wit but only have tripel yeast? It's totally doable. HBT is the business!

I've seen that midwest's site is also pretty good for yeast descriptions & uses. They have PDF's with manufacturers recomendations as well. I use their site a lot for research.

Back