A memorial beer for GreenwoodRover?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have Nurmey's Address handy? I left it at home. I've got packages on my desk and just need her address to fill out my last shipping form so I can walk them back to shipping.
If someone sees this that also shipped to her, can you PM it to me?

To my recipients (shecky, Hugh Jass, Gremlyn1),

I've hit a snag. I just racked my dark mild to the keg for some carbing and it's got an unpleasant tartness that I'm attributing to poor yeast health. I simply refuse to send out this beer to HBT brethren, so I'm going to rebrew tomorrow. I can send the Bitter out on Monday and send the Mild that I'd promised to my recipients in a few weeks. I'll leave it up to you - and send accordingly.

Jason

Ed, Annasdad, and Irregular Pulse, all your beers arrived safely.

I'm in the middle of a move, sorry I didn't let you know sooner.

B

My apologies to Nurmey, annasdad and cellardoor for the lateness of my shipment. I have not been remiss, just crazy the last few weeks. I am happy, however, to report that the beer is packed up and ready to go tomorrow.

Again, apologies. :(

I hope all arrives safely. :)

My apologies to Nurmey, annasdad and cellardoor for the lateness of my shipment. I have not been remiss, just crazy the last few weeks. I am happy, however, to report that the beer is packed up and ready to go tomorrow.

Again, apologies. :(

I hope all arrives safely. :)

Well it's about damn time!!!
Just kidding. If there's one thing you can count on with us homebrewers, it's having some patience. That being said, ship it out tomorrow dammit!!!:D

Actually, Watertown is probably closer to me than Pittsburgh is. Kingston is in Northeast PA. Anyways, I'll keep an eye out for the shipment. Thanks.:mug:

My apologies going out to my recipients. I came down with the flu last week and have been out of commission until today. Getting your beverages shipped out is high atop my priority list at this point, just need to get labeled up and I'll be good to go.

My apologies going out to my recipients. I came down with the flu last week and have been out of commission until today. Getting your beverages shipped out is high atop my priority list at this point, just need to get labeled up and I'll be good to go.

I understand. Now get your ass in gear, slowpoke!! :D :p

Just don't get any of that swine flu in our beers!!!:D
Thanks for the heads up.

Is there a review thread? I've drank a Nurmey and threw a Bad Coffee and a Hugh Jass in the fridge this morning to drink tonight.

*And to my recipients*
If I didn't already tell you. Mine were bottled from teh keg so feel free to pour every last drop. No sediment in my bottles to leave behind.

IrregularPulse, I didn't forget the tasting notes you wanted. We drank one (it was good) but we drank it while eating so couldn't review it properly. Been running around like crazy people since but we will get it done.

not a problem. i too ahve been busy and sick these last couple weeks. I haven't even tried one of Hugh Jass's or Bad Coffee's yet. They're sitting in the fridge waiting, just haven't felt like drinking come 10:30pm when I get the chance to stop the day :)

I must apologize as my shipments haven't gone out yet. I had crazy couple weeks at work, knowing it should die down this week. FF to Monday of this week, H1N1 :(. I haven't left the house yet this week. I promise to get the beer shipped as soon as I am pig free.

Brewed this a while back and it's easily one of my best brews so far.

This really deserves a spot in the database if it hasn't made it there yet.

Mods? Put it in the database under kevins name?

Found the recipe sheet. Kevin included a copy of the Brewsmith brewsheet with the swap. As such, I don't have an IBU number...

Shiver Me Bitters
Extra Special/Strong Bitter
Batch Size 5.25 G
Efficiency 67%
Boil Time 60 min
Estimate SG 1.051

3lb 4oz Pale Malt, Maris Otter
3 lb Pale Malt, US 2-row
3 lb Vienna Malt
8 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine
8 oz Crystal 120L
4 oz Aromatic Malt
4 oz Biscuit Malt
4 oz Special Roast

Mash at 156°F for 60 minutes

Hop Additions

60 min 1 oz Williamette 5.1% AA
45 min .5 oz Tettnang 4.4% AA
45 min 1 oz Tettnang 2.4% AA
20 min 1 oz Fuggles 4.6% AA
10 min .5 oz Williamette 4.5% AA
0 min .5 oz Tettnang 2.4% AA

Whirlfloc @ 15 min

Yeast S-04

I would second that. We killed the keg after the work christmas party last week... it was enjoyed by many and I told Rover's story in memory

Consider yourself lucky. Zero for two here!

Oh well. It's on to Secret Santa. Hope my luck is better there. :cross:

Has everyone received their shipments? I'm short one:eek:

Short one here, also. Sort of forgotten about it at this point.

You guys need to report the people that didn't ship to you so they can be excluded from future swaps. Thems the rules! Don't want them screwing others.
Have you contacted the people just to be sure it didn't get lost or broken in mail?

I'm not reporting anybody. The person in question is generally quite reliable so I'm giving said person a break on this one. That and I'm not a tattletale.

I understand if the person is generally reliable then not saying anything, but I don't consider it being a tattle tale if some one is actively participating swaps, accepting his share and not sending anything out in return. I consider it stopping scum from stealing beer from other respectable people. This doesn't seem to be the case here though if he's been in contact.

There doesn't seem to be any common links though between the 3 of you that haven't received beers.

I was an outstanding shipper... the one annasdadhockey mentioned. I know, I'm ashamed. I can make a million excuses as to why I didn't ship it earlier, but there isn't any good enough :( I learned my lesson though and got my SS swap brews shipped out on time. If it's any consolation, I'm 1 for 3 on receiving for this swap at the moment.

This doesn't seem to be the case here though if he's been in contact.
I've also been contacted by my senders and don't have any issue with the delayed shipments.
My problem is purely a personal one. I like beer and anxiously look forward to trying something different.

I'm short one, too but I received a PM with a tracking number a few days ago. I should get it tomorrow according to UPS.

As promised by UPS, got delivery today. 2 bombers of Shiver Me Bitters and a bonus bomber of Ballast Point Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter. Can't wait to try them. Thanks Gremlyn1.

Back