Source for hop plants

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHammer16

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for hop plants? I would think most nursery catalogs would have them, but i cant find them.

freshops.com
morebeer.com

The rhizomes are a seasonal product and only available in the Spring. Most places let you pre-order.

Cheers :D

I got some from freshops 2 years ago also bought some on ebay - seasonal though but watch about planting time in the east search for hop rhizomes (sp?) check my spelling.

I grow cascade, crystal, liberty and saz in PA to be honest the cascade and crystal are the only producers the others just bine up and look nice for shade. some will do better than others where every you live. I get a handfull of ouces a year (small pots) and make a fresh dry hopped ipa or something.

If you're looking in Canada - Richters.com. Nothing quite like a mature hops plant - sprouting from root and rising 100 feet - or climbing over your trellis. As much sun as you have and plenty of water. A beautiful plant, really, even without its great purpose!

Back