Homebrewing Blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaLordBeer said:
Hey all. Friend and I just started up a blog recently. http://thebeerconnection.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you think. Trying to get it out there, etc., etc., figured this was the best way to start. Cheers!

Looks good! I just started mine too! I'm still working on getting a few posts up, maybe "finding" myself in regards to the writing style. But I will try to keep up on your, it looks interesting

Hey all. Friend and I just started up a blog recently. http://thebeerconnection.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you think. Trying to get it out there, etc., etc., figured this was the best way to start. Cheers!

Nice blog, love the look! Added to my list on my site

Also I just posted a picture heavy post on Flying Dog Brewery which I toured. The tour guide, also a homebrewer, showed me that he and all the other employees are allowed to use the morebeer 10 gallon brew system and FREE ingredients from the brewery for all their homebrewing...pretty sweet perk!

Check it out here: http://shegoguebrew.blogspot.com/2012/09/flying-dog-brewery-tour.html

Nice blog, love the look! Added to my list on my site

Also I just posted a picture heavy post on Flying Dog Brewery which I toured. The tour guide, also a homebrewer, showed me that he and all the other employees are allowed to use the morebeer 10 gallon brew system and FREE ingredients from the brewery for all their homebrewing...pretty sweet perk!

Check it out here: http://shegoguebrew.blogspot.com/2012/09/flying-dog-brewery-tour.html

I added you to my blogroll as well. My blog is just getting up and running, but looking forward to the tweaking process over the next couple of months.

The honey was to boost the ABV a little. I decided to use honey because I have a bunch on hand, and I also like to try out something new with each batch... I've never put honey in a porter before so why not

I just added a link to you your blog on my Blog roll.

I added you to my blogroll as well. My blog is just getting up and running, but looking forward to the tweaking process over the next couple of months.

Hey appreciate the twitter follow. Still trying to find more ways to get the blog out there. I'll bookmark your blog for sure!

just posted about by Pumpkin Porter that I brewed this weekend if anyone is interested

The biggest brewery here in AZ makes a Pumpkin Porter, and it's pretty epic. They posted on Facebook that it was released yesterday. I'm excited. Hopefully yours turns out nice.

I'm in the process of moving this month, so things are slowing down on my blog. I put a post up about a Helles recently though.

If anyone would like me to add their blog to my blogroll, I would be happy to do so. You will see I have a few on there now: http://vikingales.com
Just add me to your site and let me know how you want your listing to appear.

Cheers!

I think that's awesome! I've always wanted to use cranberries in something..the brown ale was a smart route.

I thought it was pretty smart too :D

But only time will tell - I'm a little concerned about the "Rube-Goldberg-esque" grist bill. And although I like the idea of using the Brett b. Trois strain, I wonder how that will work out in the end.

Brewed a Chocolate Maple Porter last week, finally got a post up. Of course, I hadn't had time to add the exact recipe - but it is a straightforward bill: American 2 row, crystal 10-20, chocolate malt, fuggle hops, British ale yeast.

Jakesbeerlog.WordPress.com

I'll throw my blog out there as this seems like a great thread to do so. Lionheartbrewing.com I have a running list of my recipes and some new beer related content. In the upcoming weeks I plan on adding a bunch of new content including and some food recipes that involve cooking with beer. I hope you guys like it, also please feel free to add me to your blogroll if you like what you see.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

I'll throw mine in here as well. I'm happy to add others to my blogroll, too! I've been doing home brewing and craft beers. Atlanta has seen a massive explosion in craft beer and we have several places that now sell growlers. It's pretty cool! I thought this, (and Sunday sales) would never happen!

Like others have mentioned, I don't update as much as I like, but with kids and a new-ish job, time seems to escape me.

Details in sig!

Anyone using Blogger/Blogspot noticing that some pictures are randomly getting disconnected/left out of their posts? I was looking online and it appears that some of the issues may be due to the uploaded photos, which go to your picasa web albums, being in a private album. I set my picasa album to 100% public, but it still was missing some pics (even thought it showed up in my uploaded folder through blogger)... I now have started uploading all my pics straight to the picasa web album and then using the hyperlink to the picture in my blog... It is a hassle, but at least I don't have to worry about a bunch of pictures missing!

Anyone using Blogger/Blogspot noticing that some pictures are randomly getting disconnected/left out of their posts? I was looking online and it appears that some of the issues may be due to the uploaded photos, which go to your picasa web albums, being in a private album. I set my picasa album to 100% public, but it still was missing some pics (even thought it showed up in my uploaded folder through blogger)... I now have started uploading all my pics straight to the picasa web album and then using the hyperlink to the picture in my blog... It is a hassle, but at least I don't have to worry about a bunch of pictures missing!

My wife had this problem on her blogger site. Every picture on her blog was removed. It hat something to do with picasa and we never figured out how to get them back. She switched to tumblr in frustration. I have always used dropbox to host my pictures in the public folder so I never had the same issue. Good luck figuring out how to get them back.

My wife had this problem on her blogger site. Every picture on her blog was removed. It hat something to do with picasa and we never figured out how to get them back. She switched to tumblr in frustration. I have always used dropbox to host my pictures in the public folder so I never had the same issue. Good luck figuring out how to get them back.

Well I didn't lose them. They were still in the picasa folder. So I just re-lnked to their specific hyperlink. Are you saying some of her pictures disappeared from the picasa album? If so I may have to look into an alternative picture storage option! As of right now I still have all my pics :)

Well I didn't lose them. They were still in the picasa folder. So I just re-lnked to their specific hyperlink. Are you saying some of her pictures disappeared from the picasa album? If so I may have to look into an alternative picture storage option! As of right now I still have all my pics :)

She never used picasa but when all her photos disappeared all the help forum topics said to look in picasa and her album was empty. We couldn't figure it out so she got frustrated an switched.

I use blogger but I haven't seen any problems with the pictures. I upload straight to blogger though. I also do a poor job of using a lot of pictures so maybe I haven't reached a critical mass to recognize the problem.

How do you all add your tasting notes on your blog? Do you just add an "edit" to the brew day post, or add another post entirely?

I'm thinking about just sticking with adding to my brew day post to keep everything together.

I haven't really got a good system down for adding tasting notes so I usually end up forgetting to put them up. I try to make a new post about it and link back to the recipe. Then if I remember to, I edit the recipe with a link to the tasting notes. You have to be careful to maintain the original date for the recipe post or it will float back to the top of the blog, unless you want that to happen.

I haven't really got a good system down for adding tasting notes so I usually end up forgetting to put them up. I try to make a new post about it and link back to the recipe. Then if I remember to, I edit the recipe with a link to the tasting notes. You have to be careful to maintain the original date for the recipe post or it will float back to the top of the blog, unless you want that to happen.

Just an idea. When I started, I joined Untappd and setup my account as a brewery. Then you have access to brewery management and ability to upload labels, set style and ABV and a description. You can check in to your beers via mobile or web and adda photo, start rating and even do a check in indicating this beer has fallen off. First check in to last and you can see how long this particular beer kept.

http://untappd.com/business

The beer management alone (marking beers as retired, notes, tasting info) is GREAT.

When I give my homebrew to friends, i ask them to offer criticisms on their check in. I've found it to be a fantastic tool for managing my beer..oh and you can add a brewery and mark it as homebrew. That's fine.

This is my "brewery"
http://untappd.com/papertigerbrewery

How do you all add your tasting notes on your blog? Do you just add an "edit" to the brew day post, or add another post entirely?

I'm thinking about just sticking with adding to my brew day post to keep everything together.

I stopped posting my brew day right after I brew the beer. I wait until the beer is kegged, carbed, and I can taste it before I put up the blog post.

That way it's everything in one shot. Here's the brew day, here's the recipe, here's how it tastes. The downside is, you'll be posting half as often, but I feel it's better content that way.

My problem is search. I really don't like all of the options available to hook into weebly (my blog of choice) because none are in-line and even if they look nice and organized, they all have ads.

What are you guys doing for search if it's not built in?

Back