time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go

ForumRunner_20120622_190054.jpg

I'll go. This is my latest. Very tasty. Very refreshing. Not a 100% to style beer. Adjunct makes up 25% of the malt/grain bill.

image-2949367145.jpg

image-256656286.jpg

gavball6 said:

Nope, but I was considering trying to call it that!!! But the recipe isn't close enough to fit.

Hint: the adjunct is what makes this unique. Unique in a not to style kinda way... But really a common adjunct.

two_hearted said:
honey premium lager?

I'll take that. Trying to see if it will fit a German base style (for an upcoming local competition).... It's really good. 6 lbs 2-row, 1/2 lb crystal 10, 2.25 lbs honey. Hopped with German tradition and saaz to 19 or 20 ibus. Fermented with 2112 @ 61 then lagered for 3 weeks. I'm wondering if i can call it a honey kolsch. What do you guys think? There isn't any rice or corn... It falls out of the standard American lagers because of that...

nope.

Another hint: a version of this from a different part of this particular country would be considerably lighter in color.

Ok, ok let me clarify a few things to steer this ship in the right direction.

This example is >10% (actually 13.6%) though normally the style is 7-10%
Its not European
In a different part of the country of origin it would be much lighter in color.

Back