Where can I buy a grain mill at locally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalBrewing

Reaction score
I live in So Cal, and want to know what kind of store, other than LHBS, that would carry a Porkert or Corona mill. I dont really know where to begin, but I want to try to buy one locally tomorrow.

More Beer has a grinder, but it costs over $100 and is out of stock. I saw the Porkert online for ~$50, and it looks perfect.

I use a porkert and love it. You could try looking at farm supply stores (co-op's etc) if you have any in your area. Some kitchen suppliers may carry them as well since they're actually for making flour. $50 is pretty steep for a porkert, you should be able to find it for quite a bit less, have you tried ebay?

Yeah, I saw that earlier. Ill keep my eye on it. I never really liked bidding on ebay unless its closing soon.

I actually really like Auctionsniper.com. It places your max bid in the last 5 seconds for you. You dont have to be near a computer, and since your not watching it, you cant at the last second throw in a bid to beat someone out if it isnt past your predetermined max spending price.

Even better, you cant forget about it, and you show no desire on the bids. Thus getting around the whole bid war thing. Also, if you change your mind, you can cancel the snipe.

^^ your right you can get a perfectly acceptable grind with a corona. My only argument is that I built a really nice 2" diameter x 6" long fully adjustable roller (crankenstein style) mill for about $50.00. I think that is a better deal. Now if you aren't handy enough to build one or just doesn't want to the corona is a fine choice. Sorry if I sounded like a corona basher, shoulda included a ;)

krispy d said:
^^ your right you can get a perfectly acceptable grind with a corona. My only argument is that I built a really nice 2" diameter x 6" long fully adjustable roller (crankenstein style) mill for about $50.00. I think that is a better deal. Now if you aren't handy enough to build one or just doesn't want to the corona is a fine choice. Sorry if I sounded like a corona basher, shoulda included a ;)
LOL -- didn't take you as a Corona-basher. I just wanted to stick up for them. I can get them for $15 here in Calgary, and at that price, they are a very economical first mill that does the job perfectly well with a bit of adjustment.

If you are near the B3 retails store in Riverside, they don't charge for the milling and their setting is pretty fine, but not too fine. The CrankenStein roller mill is a sweet mill and with the adjustments you can practically get dust and still have some hulls.

Latest posts

Back