So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picking up a craigslist turkey fryer this evening and brewing my first shot at Bohemian Pilsner this weekend. Rooftop brewing here I come.

Time permitting, we'll be brewing a nice Warsteiner Pilsner recipe.
Simple recipe but the wife loved it last summer so we're doing it again.

Just need some cooperation from the little ones.

Wasn't sure if the Pale Ale I brewed with harvested Bell's yeast was good, all that Centennial in the Pale Ale rendered such a citrus-y character I wasn't sure if it was sour or not.:drunk: Now that I've carbed and tapped that Pale Ale, it tastes fine.

So now I can proceed with the Two-Hearted clone this weekend using most of the washed cake from the Pale Ale.:rockin:

Heading up to Kai's in the morning for Marzenbrau. Seems that the only time I can find time to brew these days is when there's a three-hour drive involved.

what blind pig recipe are you going with?

Here's what I currently have in BeerSmith:

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 6.41 gal
Estimated OG: 1.069 SG
Estimated Color: 6.9 SRM
Estimated IBU: 86.0 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
12 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US
8.0 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L
8.0 oz White Wheat Malt

1.50 oz Chinook [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 62.1 IBU
0.50 oz Cascade [7.50 %] (30 min) Hops 9.2 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [7.50 %] (15 min) Hops 11.8 IBU
0.50 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] (2 min) Hops 1.7 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (2 min) Hops 1.1 IBU

1 Pkgs SafAle American Ale (DCL Yeast #US-05) Yeast-Ale

0.25 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
0.50 oz Cascade [7.50 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
0.50 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -

P.S. - my current Cascades are a whopping 7.5% so I might tone down those addition to get the IBUs more in line with the original (which is 72 I believe). But of course, my OG is a little high, so...

Brewed Vinnie's recipe for Pliney The Elder. Previously brewed Jamil's version of PTE on sterioids so it will be interesting to compare that to Vinnie's homebrew recipe. Different hops and not quite the same grain amount in Vinnie's homebrew version of PTE. The Jamil/Hop Hammer version of PTE is quite good but also quite strong. Montanaandy

The grains for my first porter are in the MLT as we speak. This is a recipe of my own design (with a li'l assist from Ray Daniels -- Designing Great Beers. We'll see what a smart guy Ray is!)

Made starters last night.
Doing 2 batches today....an Alaskan Amber Clone and pseudo Irish Red.
I'll try to go light on the home brew consumption as I go, so I don't screw the pooch on something as I get into the 2nd batch!!!!
:mug:

i didn't plan to brew this weekend but might change my mind and brew up a red ale this afternoon. i did make some beef jerky yesterday, though! :mug:

Brewed my house IPA today, but my my efficiency was garbage. More like a super hopped pale ale now. Very upsetting. :(

Had some friends visit for the weekend and guided them through their first brew ever - an all grain espresso stout loosely based on the Zymurgy recipe. They may have done better than me!

Also had them do some racking to kegs and make a batch of ginger ale. And, help cut down a few trees.

Brewed my house IPA today, but my my efficiency was garbage. More like a super hopped pale ale now. Very upsetting. :(

This same schit happened to me on Saturday. I tried a rye IPA that the mash gummed up like a bowl of old oatmeal and my numbers (temp wise) were all over the place because I wasn't flowing wort (I use a direct fired recirc mash tun). Ultimately I ended up with a 1.038 OG when I should have had a 1.068. It's bubbling away now but I'll have to redo this recipe as I had big hopes for it. I even used a pound of rice hulls but it wasn't enough...

Back