What did you brew this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjibbad

Reaction score
Here are are my creations fermenting away! From left to right: el Hefe Weizen (Agave flaorved wheat), Apfelwein, and HBG Red Eye (Irish Red + Energy supplements)!

DSC05136.jpg

I brewed EdWort's Haus Pale Ale but replaced the Cascades with Simcoe. Didn't think I needed a blow tube with such a small beer but I used S-04 and rehydrated it and it made a mess of the tub by morning. I think I pitched around 4:30pm yesterday.

An 8 gallon batch of Saison... split into 5 gallons of straight Saison and 3 gallons of Soured (with Brett) Saison.

We had a re-scheduled Big Brewday yesterday.

SWMBO made an Alt, I made a RyePA, and a newbie made an extract pale.

Lots of people new to brewing or knowing nothign about it got to watch, measure, stir, taste, and see what the whole brewing process is. I think a couple new hobbyists were born from our labors.

I also was up most of the previous night fiddling/obsessing over the two pork shoulders in the smoker, so I'm a worthless pile of crap today.

Oh, and they drank two of my f-ing kegs! My preciousssss pipeline!! :(

The Special Bitter recipe from How to Brew as a half batch all-grain. The cool weekend helped me out with fermentation temps.

I brewed the TwoHeadsBrewing Summer Citrus Wheat, but added a half pound of honey malt. I also tapped my first ever homebrew, Ed's Haus Pale Ale, which turned out awesome. I've got the ingredients for a Belgian Blonde slated for this weekend, and I'm planning to whip up some Apfelwein this weekend too. Gotta get that pipeline filled.

"Root Canal Wheat", a kinda-sorta American Wheat:

3lbs Pale Wheat
2lbs White Wheat
3lbs Pils
2lbs 2-row Pale
2lbs Flaked Wheat
1lbs Amber DME

Hallertau and Danstar Munich Wheat yeast.

:mug:

I whipped up friday night a batch of Octoberfest Ale (5gal) which seems to be going ok.

There are no visable signs of fermantation aside from a cloud of what looks like yeast floating on the top just below the surface. There is a little bit of hazy white stuff on the surface.

Aside from that I drank beer.

Brewed a robust porter on Saturday that will be racked onto cold press coffee in about 2 weeks.

Goshdarnit. I wanted to brew, but I had to replace the rack and pinion, powersteering pump on my wife's truck and then the rotors and pads while I was at it. Broke my pump pulley taking off the old one and had to drive to GR to get a new one at the only place I could find.

Then wanted to finish steps in garage and that got hung up.

I was going to harvest some two-hearted yeast from the bottle, but then hockey got int the way. Tonight I sanitize a jar and get that yeast going! Order some vienna for the beer and be ready for the yeast.

I brewed up a sweat this last weekend installing some new flooring in our living room. Hopefully I will be brewing in 2 weeks, maybe even a double brew day, how knows :)

Brewed a Rye PA. Complete freaking disaster. Stuck sparge, which was no biggie. But my burner decided to consume itself and burn to Hell all over my pot. It took many HOURS to bring the wort to a boil as a result. I went through 1.5 propane tanks. Stupid cheap burner. :mad: Check out my profile picks if you want to see the carnage.

I've got a Bayou Banjo on the way as a replacement.

AHS Stimulus Package Belgian Chocolate Stout. Nothing original about it, but damnit I got it brewed!!

Also tapped our first 2 kegs this weekend. One of them has been claimed for a family wedding this weekend. The other one is being consumed all too quickly.

Friday night was my extract Minute Wheat, a slightly tweaked recipe from the last time I brewed it.

Saturday morning was my AG Burn One Down Rauchbier. 5 gallons of each.

It was a good weekend, but my bride asked me on Saturday afternoon, "How much beer do you have going? Are we done for a while?"

I gotta figure out a way to distract her while I get this spare empty primary filled...

Saturday I brewed my caffeinated stout called Spun Monkey Stout. Brewing is much more fun without a hangover. :p

On Sunday me and SWMBO bottled some vanilla carmel cream ale and started the yeast for Yopper's Hard Lemonade.

Then we got down to business and brewed up an extract wheat that we'll rack on some blueberries. And we got an early start on some Of Yuri Rage's Thunderstruck pumpkin Ale.

In between the two brews I..err.. dropped my hydrometer! :mad: I thought I'd get it out of the way early.

Zac and Jack's African Amber by Ohiodad.

I tweaked the hops schedule just a bit for own taste (and to keep from buying odd lots of hops).

I underboiled (wound up with 6 gallons vs 5.5) and undershot my OG (1051 vs 1055). I don't know why I can't figure out how to boil consistently. I've got the story stick all measured out and have been tracking both 60 and 90 minute boils, trying to keep an even healthy boil going in the pot, and my results are still all over the map. Once you start the hops schedule its tough to adjust on the fly.

Brewed up 5.5 gallons of an Ordinary Bitter and a 6 gallon batch of EdWort's Haus Pale.

That makes 3 pale ales in primary and 2 batches of Founder's Breakfast Stout in scondary with a Czech pils and a Helles lagering.

That should last me through the 4th...

Got all the stuff for my honey amber, then the AC took a dump. Spent Friday trying to find someone to come out and fix it. Had a guy out Sat. bad compressor, hopefully I can get that fixed and brew this weekend. Bottled 4 gals of 21# Mead, so weekend wasn't a total loss.

5 gallons ...almost... of a small American Barleywine or huge hoppy AAA, in the style of Oskar Blues Gordon or Lagunitas Undercover Shut-Down Ale.

It started bubbing over about an hour after this photo. Defoamer to the rescue.
3587313698_11bfca1f39.jpg

I brewed an APA yesterday for the kabouter. Ended up with 4.5 gallons from a 7 gallon start. Overshot the OG by .008 That shouldn't really matter, becasue beertools says I have 66.9IBU from the FWH addition.

We'll see how it tastes in three weeks.

Sparkys nut brown ale

Ditto (check sig for link). Now I need to decide if I want to do two brews on Saturday this week (which is our club's Brewapalooza, which means taking my gear on the to a fellow member's house), or brew Sat and Sun the following week (a cream and and a mild). Decisions decision.

I started brewing an IPA till the thermometer broke in the kettle.Sad day

:mug::mug:Brewed the "Ah Nuts" Nut Brown Ale. This is the 2nd time around the first time it didn't carb up very much(read flat)(I didn't prime it) :mad: It tasted great so I really can't wait for this one to finish.

This is also the first time I used a bucket I could see into. Wow that is pretty cool to watch. Gennerally I just am amazed by the airlock on the ale pale but now it is even better with the visual. :cross:

I need to get the pipeline filled up again. Getting two pups has slowed the brewing down for a couple weeks.

Next is a nice Hefe for the coming heat of summer....:mug:

John's Red barleywine reduced to 3 gallons. moving my "Easy Cheap Malty Porter" to the secondary and pitching the barleywine onto the british ale 007 yeast cake

15 gallons of my Robust Porter on Saturday, then helped a friend with 10 gallons of Rye IPA. We then swapped 5 gallon batches. All three of my porters blew airlocks.

Hobgoblin clone on sunday night for me. Went pretty good, fermenting away at 60F

Back