If you could share a pint with anyone, who would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think he'd make? Maybe a trappist ale or a wit or something?

It would probably be...

messiah_bold.jpg

:)

But even better, you know Joseph's "Coat of Many Colors?" How 'bout the keg of many styles? Just declare what you want and then pour. ;)

We need to do a lefty's thread...I'm just curious how many of us are on here.....

Just remember anytime you guys pass through metro Detroit, let me know. I'll put together a meetup at Dragonmead with fellow Michigan HBT'ers. I've gotten to meet quite a few that way.

That's how I got my huge crush on Yooper, as well as the great quote on my sigline...

As many have said, my dad. He died almost 2 months after I turned 19. I didn't want much to do with family back then and he stayed busy between work, golf, and deer hunting. He wouldn't let me miss school to go hunting because he didn't want me to have a physically demanding job such as his. All of that added up to very little time together.

I would have to say my maternal grandfather and my Uncle Duane, my mom says that I'm just like my uncle and I never really got to know my granpa because he passed when I was pretty young...and probably Warren Buffet and Steve Weibe because they are brothers of the same fraternity as I am.

my grandfather. he died before I was born, but what I have been told by my family is that I am exactly like him..

Besides family, I would have loved to have pint with Bert Grant, Robert MacNamara, and Genghis Khan.

There are a lot of great names coming up here. People I didn't even think of that would be gread to drink with. I thought of another one. Jimmy Buffett. He is a pilot, a flyfishermen, a musician, and he likes good beer. I think we could get along very, very well.

I'd like to add bear grylls, Mozart, Beethoven and the sf giants to my list. :)

emjay said:
Can't believe nobody's said this yet. I'm an atheist but my pick would be Jesus. Then I could settle that matter once and for all! ;) If there was no such person, Mohammed would be interesting too. And how could I forget Siddhartha?! Possibly more interesting than even Jesus. There's just too many to list. Hell, I'll arrange people into categories and just just say these are...

My 3 spiritual picks:
Jesus
Siddhartha
Mohammed
...and I'm going to have to sneak Timothy Leary and maybe even Alexander Shulgin into this category!
And Lucifer. Why not? There's two sides to every story, no? :D

My science/knowledge picks would include this guy... surprised only one person picked this obvious choice.

My 3 science/knowledge picks:
Leonardo da Vinci
Isaac Newton
Richard Feynman

My 3 arts/culture picks:
(Da Vinci again!)
Ernest Hemingway
Vincent van Gogh
Salvador Dali

My 3 thinker picks:
Plato
Friedrich Nietzsche
Sigmund Freud

My 3 "huge balls" picks
Julius Caesar (and maybe Vercingetorix, for a WAY more intense version of Obama's Gates/Crowley "beer summit")
Genghis Khan
Joan of Arc

My 3 business picks:
Cosimo di Medici
Bill Gates
Warren Buffett

And a few "celebrity" picks for good measure:
Harry Houdini
Freddie Mercury
Maynard James Keenan
Barack Obama (DID YOU KNOW HE BREWS?!?!)

I know some of these contain more than 3 people. If you find yourself caring a bit too much about it, then YOUR list probably contains Hitler. If not, it should. Hell, I'll include him in my list. Seeing how devastated he was when the Penguins lost the first round to the Flyers, he'd definitely be an interesting drinking "buddy".

Oh, and Vilayanur Ramachandran

Dead: "Devil Anse" Hatfield, to find out what really started the feud (he's also an ancestor of mine). Also, Randy Rhodes, Jim Marshall, or Gary Moore

Alive: Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, or Paul Gilbert.

My first(if he drank) Ted Nugent. Mr. Carroll Shelby. John Hopwood(1st in my family over from England-1700s). John Candy. My mom(haven't talked to her in years). My brother(haven't talked to him in years). Any of my grand parents as I never met a single one of them.

I have a lot, but those will have to do.

Gary Gygax and my old D&D buddies! I'll bring the homebrew, he'll bring the DM screen and the dice, and he'll host the most epic session of Dungeons & Dragons ever :)

I've played that game for about 12 years. The six of us started playing when we were in college and we stuck together all those years. Graduating, careers, marriage, kids, moving away, nothing could stop us, we kept on playing every single week. When we finally did stop playing, we gradually lost touch with each other. I don't think I'll ever experience that kind of friendship and sense of camaraderie again...

Burt Monroe. (the guy that built the fastest indian motorcycle in the world). He was an amazing mind and could build anything from nothing. I would love to pick his mind. Besides hes from new zealand so you know he parties lol! If burt wasnt available Id go with Rob and Big from the MTV show.... You no were gonna get into some s@*t!

ANYONE? Too many people and I can't select one.... Thank goodness there is no such thing as magic...

BUT:

If I could just select possible ones... Today I would Select my buddy Alex.

I have not seen him in a few years, he has been OCONUS and for my good friends he is the one due to have a beer with.

We do short visits every once in a while... he is my buddy but I think I get on his nerves after a while...

DPB

I'd like to drink one with my clone. Then try and pick up some chicks who want to get all Menage e three with (supposed) twins.

You could say that would be the wrong kind of 3-way, but there really isn't a wrong kind of 3-way. Just varying degrees of good.

Then after the first 1/2 hour we'd go back to the bar to drink some more and debate blonde, brunette, redhead.

Jesus
various WWII vets, to include my late grandfather of course
I've always thought it would be cool if I could go back in time and talk to my parents when they were still young, just to get another perspective on my life's two biggest influences.

No relative, they were all either recovering alcoholics or teetotalers. This is another of those questions I've never thought about and draw a blank when I do.

Alladin, I bet he would have some bomb stories. And after he was passed out drunk I would meet up with jasmin....

Hackwood said:
My first(if he drank) Ted Nugent. Mr. Carroll Shelby. John Hopwood(1st in my family over from England-1700s). John Candy. My mom(haven't talked to her in years). My brother(haven't talked to him in years). Any of my grand parents as I never met a single one of them.

I have a lot, but those will have to do.

Carroll Shelby- you bring the beer, he brings the cars, meet at the track for a bit then relax with some beers...great day...RIP Carroll Shelby...

Barnstormer said:
There are a lot of great names coming up here. People I didn't even think of that would be gread to drink with. I thought of another one. Jimmy Buffett. He is a pilot, a flyfishermen, a musician, and he likes good beer. I think we could get along very, very well.

I can't stand Jimmy Buffet or his damn cheap freeloading Parrotheads. But I respect your wish to share a pint with him.

Someone mentioned his wife, but I didn't see anyone mention Bill Clinton. I never particularly liked the man, I do respect him, he was our duly elected President. As much as I hated his politics (I was a Republican then) he and I had one thing in common, the pursuit of the opposite sex. Over a beer we could compare notes (off the record) :D
Jesus and I, might be a little awkward :eek:
And while I did tip a few with my Dad, I didn't know him. I spent a couple weeks with him when I was 10 (1957) then another week when I was 33, an couple weeks when I was 46 (1993). He was a good guy (died in '07), but I'll never understand how someone could allow their child to grow up without being in their life.
I do still get to share a brew with Mom, she's 85, and raised 3 not so co-operative boys as a single working Mom. She took us fishing, camping, the beach, the mountains. Gave us the birds n bees speech. And then had to deal with us through puberty, and the rebellious teen years. How she made it through that, with out the funny farm, I don't know. She is my A number one hero, and I usually remind her of that over a beer.;)

CBXBob said:
Someone mentioned his wife, but I didn't see anyone mention Bill Clinton. I never particularly liked the man, I do respect him, he was our duly elected President. As much as I hated his politics (I was a Republican then) he and I had one thing in common, the pursuit of the opposite sex. Over a beer we could compare notes (off the record) :D

I guess I would share a beer with Mr. Clinton. And a cigar with Ms. Lewinsky. :ban:

CBXBob said:
I do still get to share a brew with Mom, she's 85

I'd like to share a brew with your mom. Not in that weird way at all, just to chat and listen etc etc. sounds like a good strong woman.

Nobody in my family drinks beer but me, so nothing there.

I guess (in no particular order):

Mark Twain
Will Rogers
Samuel Adams
Ben Franklin
Johannes Brahms
Sam Calagione
Jimmy Buffett

Also, as a tuba player, I'd like to hoist one with Tommy Johnson and Arnold Jacobs. Tommy was the "first call" tuba player in LA for hundreds of film scores (Jaws, The Incredibles, the Star Trek franchise among hundreds), and influenced just about all of us that play the horn in one way or another. Jake was the tuba player for the Chicago Symphony from 1944-1988. There isn't a tuba player alive that wasn't influenced by him and his teaching.

Back