Bottle sanitation in dishwasher issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydog2314

Reaction score
I recently got a new dishwasher and it doesn't have just a heat dry, it's rinse then heat dry...My old one had the dial where I could turn it to just heat dry. So my question is can I still load up the dishwasher to sanitize my bottles using the rinse then heat dry cycle?

Thanks!

AH never mind I also realized my dishwasher has a compartment for jet dry that automatically dispenses it during the rinse cycle, def don't want that on/in mu bottles...guess I will soak them in my sick in StarSan.

AH never mind I also realized my dishwasher has a compartment for jet dry that automatically dispenses it during the rinse cycle, def don't want that on/in mu bottles...guess I will soak them in my sick in StarSan.

I did my bottles in there for a couple of years. Rinse Aid had no effect on anything. I suggest you try it before you make a decision.

ok i was searching thru old threads here and I read quite a few people talking about lack of head retention b/c of rinse aid...then again for post read saying one thing you can find another saying the opposite...i'll do some more research for the next bottling, next weekend, but for today's bottling I'll soak em in Star San

ok i was searching thru old threads here and I read quite a few people talking about lack of head retention b/c of rinse aid...then again for post read saying one thing you can find another saying the opposite...i'll do some more research for the next bottling, next weekend, but for today's bottling I'll soak em in Star San

Two things to consider: many people repeat what they've heard without actually testing it themselves. So, if they don't quote from actual experience, weight those appropriately.

And B: very little water from the dishwasher will get into the bottle.

Back