Show us your bar!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hungry4hops

Hop to it!
Reaction score
Ok so i thought it would be cool to start a home bar picture thread. It is difficult to search for bars on here because its 3 letters. Im thinking we can post a few pictures, and a link to a build thread if you have one. Then we can put a link to the thread here= project locator

Im in the middle of working on mine right now and im trying to get ideas, i will post pictures of it here when im finished. heres my link for now! my basement bar build

just found this thought i would add it here!
post a pic of your bar

The area where I built my bar originally held a pool table with the former owners. I'm not much of a pool player, but a bar sounded good.

The first pic is the general bar area.

The second pic is the bar top, red oak.

The third pic is the back area of the bar, corian back countertop and undercounter hanging for glasses.

The fourth pic is the back area of the bar with the portable ice maker, mini TV and other liquor. Check out the Man Cave Rules, buddy got me that for Christmas.

The last pic is looking out from the bar, the projector is off, but this is a 100 inch screen to watch the big game on.

Bar.jpg

Bar Top.jpg

Back of Bar.jpg

Back Counter.jpg

Projector Screen.jpg

Awade...

very nice looking bar, but...this may be a dumb question, but.....

How do you get into your bar? From the pics, it looks like it goes right to both walls in the corner, and there appears to be solid bar front on each end.

Great idea for a thread, hope more people keep contributing

The area where I built my bar originally held a pool table with the former owners. I'm not much of a pool player, but a bar sounded good.

The first pic is the general bar area.

The second pic is the bar top, red oak.

The third pic is the back area of the bar, corian back countertop and undercounter hanging for glasses.

The fourth pic is the back area of the bar with the portable ice maker, mini TV and other liquor. Check out the Man Cave Rules, buddy got me that for Christmas.

The last pic is looking out from the bar, the projector is off, but this is a 100 inch screen to watch the big game on.
Very nice, I like the red oak. I like the addition of the microwave too, I can imagine that comes in handy at times.

brewsnthelou said:
Heres a not so great picture (blurry) of the fabulous bar my "best ever hubby in the whole world" built me a few months ago. I now have a flat screen & bar stools to go with. Now we are working on the kegerator system to go with:tank:

image-2546979552.jpg

image-398576214.jpg

image-3938998824.jpg

Had to post a few more pics, I love my bar and my hubby did so much hard work on it :)

keep'em coming I need inspiration. as soon as my brewery is built(whenever that happens) I'm jumping on the bar building.

Had to post to this as I got a lot of ideas for my build off the internet.....the things i think are the most unique are the tappers going through the mirror (took two sacrificial mirrors to finally get all four holes drilled through) and the wood beam "design" above the pool table...Hope you can get a few ideas for your project from these!!!

DSCN2408.jpg

DSCN2409.jpg

DSCN2410.jpg

DSCN2411.jpg

When looking at the bar in the first pic, you enter from the right. The second pic looks like it meets the wall, but it doesn't, 24 inch clearance.

Had to post to this as I got a lot of ideas for my build off the internet.....the things i think are the most unique are the tappers going through the mirror (took two sacrificial mirrors to finally get all four holes drilled through) and the wood beam "design" above the pool table...Hope you can get a few ideas for your project from these!!!

You really have a beautiful bar, I am very jealous. I like the clean look of the mirror for your taps.

-G

wow one day my basement will look 1/2 as good as your bar

Nice looking bars everyone! I just got into power tools so a bar build is on my radar. Keep them pics coming and thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks for the compliments. My wife gave me free reign over the entire lower level as long as there was a whirlpool tub in the bathroom😄...and I was lucky enough to finish it BEFORE kids!!!

I too was able to build my bar before the kids came. I am not a carpenter, but I am very patient and love to work with my hands.

This bar/room took me 9 months of evenings and weekends and I did it completely alone except for hanging the flat screen (the gold frame is a tv) and plumbing the bar sink, so i take a lot I pride in it.

The walls added a nice touch as they are mud plaster and give that German inn feel. Glad I got it done before the two kids came as I can barely squeeze out a brew day anymore let alone tackle this.

image-3654044943.jpg

image-830836676.jpg

Has a built in sink, tv, fridge, kegerator, theatre style popcorn maker and built in lights. A lot of fun during the summer!
image-2560620944.jpg

image-1039332747.jpg

Is that Birdseye maple in the insets? Very nice indeed.

This is the bar my house came with. Complete with old owners name on the mirror. I just started remodeling it this week. Just not a fan of oak and want to replace the floors. Will see what happens when I am done.

I wonder if they were related to the Farrell's ice cream parlor people. Those places were great

MMUH said:
Is that Birdseye maple in the insets? Very nice indeed.

Thanks! Yes...quilted Birdseye maple. I got the veneer on eBay and found an easy way to make panels with it. If youre interested, ley me know if you need some tips on how to do it!

mikehoff-
Good that you got it as a veneer. i bought some of that for a small woodworking project and it was like 19.00/ board foot. It looks great in the insets.

Ok here is my bar build. A work in progress for too long. It's current shape and progressing. When built I plan on getting back into home brewing again after 20 years. Getting lots of ideas from this forum for sure!

2013-01-24_07-03-02_593.jpg

2013-01-24_07-03-23_669.jpg

2013-01-28_14-49-42_916.jpg

2013-01-28_13-30-59_504.jpg

2013-01-28_14-49-55_352.jpg

Back