Help me with my Chugger Pump, PLEASE!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BraxtonBrewery

Reaction score
I have two chugger in line pumps. At first they both worked fine. Now all of a sudden one of them doesnt work. I searched the forums, and found that it could have been the impeller and the tolerancing. So I followed the same instructions and bored out the impeller to 17/64". I did this to both of my pumps and the one still works fine.

Now I took the one that doesnt work off my stand and took it apart. When the pump head is not attached the motor runs and works perfectly normal. However, when I put the pump head back on, and try to pump liquid, the motor doesnt even turn.

Can anyone help me with this issue, or am I going to have to buy another pump?

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance!

First contact Chugger, from what I have seen their costumer service is usually pretty good.
Since these are mag drive pumps for the motor to be stuck I would expect that something is stopping the drive magnet from turning when the pump head is on. Have you dropped it / something on it at all lately? and since you have 2 can you swap the heads over and see if the problem stays with the pump head or the motor.

We cant help you if you don't call? 800-810-1053 it is an easy fix and the solution is on video at www.chuggerpumps.com/FAQ

CAll here anytime...the magnet is mis aligned on the bracket and jamming again st the rear housing ...it may have shifted during shipping or when you dis assembled ...either way wwe will take care of you we always do !!!

It is likely as chugger mentioned...if the housting right behind the pump head is misaligned, it bings with the motor and wont turn. It nees even spacing all around to work properly.

We cant help you if you don't call? 800-810-1053 it is an easy fix and the solution is on video at www.chuggerpumps.com/FAQ

CAll here anytime...the magnet is mis aligned on the bracket and jamming again st the rear housing ...it may have shifted during shipping or when you dis assembled ...either way wwe will take care of you we always do !!!

Page not found.
Here ya go:

http://www.chuggerpumps.com/faq.php

The video on head replacement does indeed demonstrate this.....

Latest posts

Back