Tuscaloosa Homebrewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekdaniel

Reaction score
Are there any homebrewers in Tuscaloosa? I've been brewing for a couple of years now, and I don't know anyone else in town that brews.

We just started recently, but there must be more of us because Manna just started carrying some brewing equipment. Nothing major, just carboys, air locks, extract kits, and dry yeast, but still it's something.

I brew also, started a couple of months ago. So far have bottled a stout, ale, and have a brown ale in the primary.

I have been doing a bit of homebrewing, worked up to all grain for my last few batches. I am trying to buy from Mana but don't have a grain mill. My efficiency from the coffee grinder was barely 50%, and when I go to Alabrew (Birmingham) I am in the 75% range. Do any of you have a grain mill that I could use? I'll trade you a few bottles of my last batches. I want to buy enough from Mana to get them to expand and the trip to Birmingham adds a lot to my cost.

Also, anyone up for tasting parties?

I am. Just moved to AL this summer and need to meet fellow homebrewers. Have some contraband that needs to be exorcised of its demons. Respond via HBT.

Not to be too paranoid, but lets just plan to meet and discuss the hobby without presenting any examples.
For whatever reason I dont need Deputy Dawg looking over my shoulder either.

Wilhagan's for a pint and a lively discussion on freedom of association? Let me know.

You guys still meeting up ? I'd love to join next time there is a gathering, especially with it being legal and all now!

Latest posts

Back