milk stout question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

it99

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing a all grain stout, maybe a milk stout with some type of fruit/ maybe coffee, cacao,etc. I am not too familiar cream/milk stout other than they are a little sweet and very creamy. Before I do a bad experiment., What fruits would go or would not go with styles? I'm considering blueberries,rasberry,blackberry,etc. Would vanilab beans go with this?

I am a firm believer is trying a style once before you experiment with it too heavily but that it just me.

That said, think about what you like. Vanilla and chocolate go really well together with a stout. Also chocolate and raspberry would probably be good... maybe even a hit of orange aroma like those candies.

look around, see what has been done and what you can work from. That is where I start with all my recipes. Read about the style, see what others have done with it, then build my own take on things.

I am a firm believer is trying a style once before you experiment with it too heavily but that it just me.

This. If you make a milk stout with all kinds of additions. How are yiu gonna know what that stout tastes like regularly? And if your flavors are taking away or adding to the overall flavors

Back