Bottling - Vinator (Assembly)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love2BrewCrew

Reaction score
Hey guys, often times bottling threads pop up here and more often than not people suggest a Vinator. Most Vinators are Italian made and don't come with the best instructions.

We made this short, graphical article we wanted to share on how to properly assemble a Vinator. Check it out and let us know if you have any questions!

Product Spotlight: The Vinator By: Mark Spezio | love2brew.com

I wouldn't call them pegs,they're more like ribs on the sides of the pump plunger. But what's in a word,eh? It's a great tool that makes this step so much faster & simpler. I love using it on top of my 45 bottle tree.
But I've noticed that the longer I use it,the longer it takes to prime it. Wasn't plugged or anything?

Any tips on keeping the spring from popping out every few pumps? I've stopped using mine because of the spring.

Did you keep the spring centered on the lil red pump base as you pushed the white base down to screw it on? I took me a few times to get that just right.

Mine won't stay centered.. I don't know why it's not made with a boss that the spring fits over to keep it centered. But, I've never had it become an issue.. Like Timex.. keeps on tickin':rockin:

Make sure you try to bend it a lil straighter every now & then. & keep it centered over the lil check ball thing in the red base when screwing on the white plunger base. It seems to help a little.

Any tips on keeping the spring from popping out every few pumps? I've stopped using mine because of the spring.

Although the video was made assembling from a top down position I always just hold the Vinator in two hands and just screw it together in the air. Works like a charm. The spring will bend a little but don't stress it.

I have a Vinator and use it every time I bottle. But I had a very hard time putting it together because the spring would not seat to the bottom of the plunger tube. So then when I would assemble the device the spring would not stay centered during use. So after trying everything I could think of, I finially cut about an inch off the spring. It went together perfectly and has worked time after time. I believe that I saw a post from another brewer with the same issue.

regards, Mike

yeah,since the spring does tend to bend alittle,it may just be a bit too long. But I really do think the red base should have a short,tube-like collar to keep the spring seated/centered.

I have a Vinator and use it every time I bottle. But I had a very hard time putting it together because the spring would not seat to the bottom of the plunger tube. So then when I would assemble the device the spring would not stay centered during use. So after trying everything I could think of, I finially cut about an inch off the spring. It went together perfectly and has worked time after time. I believe that I saw a post from another brewer with the same issue.

regards, Mike

Brilliant! What did you use to cut it? Just a pair of snippers?

I just got mine and took 2 needlenose pliers to the spring and bent it out a bit to make the coil a bit wider, fits around the red base on the inside perfectly

Latest posts

Back