Help With Powerpoint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayos

Reaction score
Alright, I made my first slide show with Powerpoint today. Just music and pics for the kids baseball end-of-year pizza party. Now I need to get it to a disk (CD or DVD) so I can play it on a DVD player (not a computer). There is a button under "file" that says "package for CD" and I did this, but only the audio played...no pics. I am sure this is easy for a bunch of you guys...help?!?!?!

ohhh wow that's a hard one. any chance your dvd player can see jpegs?

though i dont know how the sound would fit in. Why a dvd player? don't you have access to a laptop with an s-video/component out?

So..the convert program sucks and has a big banner to buy their software over the movie. Guess I'll have to make it on another program now. Or get a Mac....

The key is, if you want to run a slideshow with backing music on a DVD, Powerpoint is the wrong place to start. I don't know if there is any freeware out there, but I use Ulead Video Studio for video editing and importing a bunch of photos is pretty simple. Powerpoint would be a reasonable way to go if you run it off a computer. Pack for CD is just a way to get the presentation on a CDrom to run on a different computer.

Back